What's new

[Last Week] All VSL String Library Discounted (up to 45% off)

Ben

VSL
Until the 30th April VSL has huge discounts for all their string libraries:
https://www.vsl.co.at/de/News/2019-04_Vienna_Strings_Extravaganza

My personal highlight: Dimension Strings I Full / Synchronized Dim I Strings cost now 645€ instead of 1190€ (45% off)

New Libraries with introduction disount:
- Dimension Strings III
- Synchronized Dimension Strings I
- Synchronized Dimension Strings II
- Synchronized Dimension Strings III

And for the Synchron Strings I there is a free update (Cantabile Legato for Violin I).

Best, Ben

Is Dimension Strings still worth it with respect to what's available on the market? what are the limitations one should know? I'm fascinated by the idea of a building a close sounding, super small and detailed section.

Is Dimension Strings still worth it with respect to what's available on the market?

Listen closely to all the demos. In my opinion Dimension Strings have two potential downsides: a) they take time to set up the way you like (on the positive side, DS are without a doubt among the most flexible libraries in the market. You can really adjust a lot to suit your workflow) b) they have a particular tv strings/studio sound.

If you like their particular sound you should be very happy with the library. It is among the most comprehensive, most flexible, and most playable libraries. Also it benefits from VSL's flawless quality control. So everything just works, no nasty surprises, and no tedious workarounds necessary for problems with the recordings or the programming.

I used Dimension Strings for a long time and enjoyed doing so. But recently I am looking for a different kind of sound, so I put my copy up in the classifieds section.

Dimension Strings are good for quick stuff but I find them hard to use for anything lyrical, the legato is too fast.

Yes, I think it is totally worth it. But if you want to fully use their potential, you have to program each player separat, but the results can be stunning.
You will also need a good reverb and some mixing skills, because the sound is dry.

Last-Week Reminder: All VSL string libraries with huge discounts!
Also the new Synchronized Dimension Strings (I-III) and the all new Dimension Strings III (Sul Tasto) are discounted.

Top Bottom