What's new

Lacrimosa Sale - only DEMO?

Tobias A. Ratka

Hey everybody!
As probably most of you I purchased Lacrimosa on it's 98$ Sale, but when I open it in Kontakt it says it's only a demo. A friend told me that his version (also bought on sale) works totally normal.

Did anybody else experience this and if yes, what was your solution? (Yes, I already emailed 8DIO's costumer support but I haven'r received an answer yet)

All the best
Toby

Hey!
Do you own the full version of Kontakt? Lacrimosa requires the full Kontakt, and will demo out if you try opening it in the free Kontakt Player.

Hope you get it sorted out!

Tobias, I see you're a new member here, so I suspect you may also be newer to the VI world. Unfortunately, when we join that world, no one hands us a study guide that explains things like the different Kontakt versions, license transfer policies, product sales trends, iLok dongles, VST compatibility, noises in libraries, etc... all stuff we need to know. These aspects of the VI world are usually learned over time, so we typically start out making learning mistakes. You're not alone.

Fortunately you only spent $100 and not $600! Whew! Look at it this way... you can put the money you saved toward the full version of Kontakt, or toward a Komplete package which comes with it. If you're really serious about making music with virtual instrument libraries, the full version of Kontakt is an indispensable piece of software for many composers. Best of luck, and welcome to VI-Control!

Tobias, I see you're a new member here, so I suspect you may also be newer to the VI world. Unfortunately, when we join that world, no one hands us a study guide that explains things like the different Kontakt versions, license transfer policies, product sales trends, iLok dongles, VST compatibility, noises in libraries, etc... all stuff we need to know. These aspects of the VI world are usually learned over time, so we typically start out making learning mistakes. You're not alone.

Fortunately you only spent $100 and not $600! Whew! Look at it this way... you can put the money you saved toward the full version of Kontakt, or toward a Komplete package which comes with it. If you're really serious about making music with virtual instrument libraries, the full version of Kontakt is an indispensable piece of software for many composers. Best of luck, and welcome to VI-Control!
Yes, welcome!

If you plan to pursue this hobby, I think, as polkasound said, you will probably find Kontakt (or Komplete) to be a valuable investment moving forward. A lot of libraries (but not all) utilize/require the full version of Kontakt.

If you don't get the full version in the near future, always be sure to check the requirements details of library you are going to purchase to see if it is kontakt player compatible or requires the complete version of kontakt.

Also the next time you're likely to see a sale on Kontakt will be 50% off around June or July. If you own any Kontakt Player libraries you should be able to pick it up for about $125.

Also before you pay full price for anything in the VI world ask around to see how often it goes on sale.

I am actually not new to this world - been scoring films for years now and using/buying samples for even more :) I only didn't know that some libraries require the full version of Kontakt, but I guess you never stop learning! Thank you :)

Top Bottom