What's new

LA Scoring Strings - A functional Walkthrough

Hey guys,

Audiobro currently has a great sale on LA Scoring Strings. Here's a tutorial on how to quickly use LASS in your cues and a demonstration of the sound you can get with this divisi string library.

Thanks,

Bill

Great library. Thanks.

Thank you for sharing. I love this library and your video showed me a few things I didn't know about - very clear explanations.

Hi Bill,

Thank You Very Much for posting your LASS 2.5 video tutorial.

Your video made it much clearer how this library works, maybe a future tutorial on how to build a custom multi,and use ARC for key-switching the custom multi, ..etc. would be very helpful as well.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Awesome! LASS is still my favorite as well. I've been toying with fashioning up a couple videos that start simple and go a bit more in depth since, for some reason, this library confuses a lot of people, however with the hints that there will be a 3.0 soon using the same system as Genesis, I decided to hold off. I'm glad someone else took up the reins and made something helpful for others out there. Thank you!

Hopefully LASS 3.0 will be much more intuitive, and easier to setup and use compared LASS 2.5, and possibly even more realistic, and better sounding if new recordings/sampling sessions are done for version 3.0

Thought @ amadeus1 Walkthrough covered much of this well.
Looking forward to LASS3 also.

No problem with your critique of realism, recordings/sampling sessions, and wondering which 2 or 3 libraries you find better for your needs ??

Hi,

Having not loaded LASS 2.5 for quite some time, since I don't tend to use it, I decided to revisit it after I watched the tutorial video posted on this thread, unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the ARC in Kontakt. Here is what it looks like when I open one of the Preset Multis, any idea what could be causing this ? and how to fix it ? I might also consider emailing Audiobro directly and see if they can help. I'm running Kontakt 5.8.0, ARC is version 2.51

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Hi,

Having not loaded LASS 2.5 for quite some time, since I don't tend to use it, I decided to revisit it after I watched the tutorial video posted on this thread, unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the ARC in Kontakt. I might also consider emailing Audiobro directly and see if they can help.
Thanks,
Muziksculp

Serious current interest here and sent Thread Link to Andrew /Sebastian, as they often respond on weekends.
No offense I hope ....

@muzicsculp - i think you just need to copy/move a picture file/folder from the LASS folder to the kontakt picture folder. I'm not at my computer and its been a while, but i think thats all you need to do. :) they may mention in the manual too....

@muzicsculp - i think you just need to copy/move a picture file/folder from the LASS folder to the kontakt picture folder. I'm not at my computer and its been a while, but i think thats all you need to do. :) they may mention in the manual too....

Thanks for the feedback. but, I don't have a clue which file to move, and where exactly to move it to in Kontakt's files. I will email Audiobro for support.

Hopefully LASS 3.0 will be much more intuitive, and easier to setup and use compared LASS 2.5, and possibly even more realistic, and better sounding if new recordings/sampling sessions are done for version 3.0

Recording it again would be a killing cost. If that's the case, they might as well release LASS 3 as a brand new string library but not as an update for 2.5

Thanks for the feedback. but, I don't have a clue which file to move, and where exactly to move it to in Kontakt's files. I will email Audiobro for support.

Is it the grey ARC issue? Their forums are pretty helpful about fixing that :)

Recording it again would be a killing cost. If that's the case, they might as well release LASS 3 as a brand new string library but not as an update for 2.5

I don't think they are expected to rerecord the whole thing. My guess is just an articulation, such as better runs/fast notes, is really all the library needs.

Is it the grey ARC issue? Their forums are pretty helpful about fixing that :)

Yes, Thanks.

I'm checking the Audiobro forum right now, and found a case similar to mine, but it was a while ago, if I'm lucky I might find the solution in the forums. Otherwise, I might have to email them directly. Although, I don't think they have a dedicated support email.

The issue seems to be related to the ARC 2.51 NKP file's location, so I might have to move it to another location to get the GUI to show up when I open the multi-ARC in Kontakt.

Maybe there won't be a need to re-do the recordings, I was just saying that might be a possibility, although I agree that this would also mean a high-cost associate with the new version 3.0 due to the cost of re-doing the recordings.

I think if the new version 3.0 makes it easy, is very flexible, and fun to use, with no complicated, and time consuming setup needed, then that would be a major improvement from the current version.

Hi,

I found this on their official forum :
----------------------------------------------------
Quote :

" If the music machine has internet access, simply launch the audiobro Download Center app, sign in, and use the 'ARC 2.51 Support Files' installer (Under the "Optional" tab). You're done.
----------------------------------------------------

Q. Is the Audiobro Download Center App. still in use, given Kontakt libraries are now installed via the Native Access App ?

This is getting a bit messy to deal with. I really hate dealing with Kontakt issues. I'm tempted to forget about LASS 2.5 once again, and just wait for 3.0 to show up.

Last edited:
OK, ARC 2.51 GUI issue fixed :)

I had to install the Audiobro Download Center App. , Login, then install the support files under the "Optional" tab. That's it ! The ARC GUI is showing as it should now.

I'm actually looking forward to dive into the ARC world, and get some great results with the magic of auto divisi .

Top Bottom