What's new

LA Scoring Strings 3

Hi,

the "upgrade" is a "no brainer" !

as a new library - there is a lot of choice in our days ... (just check out whatever you will like)

my2cts, imusic

I may very well jump on LASS 3 light , to get a feel for them…Sounds like (at the very least ) it makes for a great layering library no ? And it seems the lite version gives you alot of articulations for the $ (lacks the divisi)
Very cool of audiobro to give full credit of what you paid towards the full version too .

I just got an email from AudioBro that their Servers are back online, and better than ever :thumbsup:

I haven't downloaded LASS 3 yet, so I guess today is a good day to do that.

Is it possible that there is a bug with the Solo Bass Sordino Legato? The transitions come an eternity too late, and they are unplayable for me.
Wasn't it actually the case that the solo bass has no sordino articulation? yep, the list on the homepage says, no sordino ... but i can activate it. :thumbsdown:

Is there a way to purge samples in Lass 3? I work on a track per articulation basses so this would be a invaluable option to have. As it is, the V1 comes in at 2.42gb. That is quite a lot. nyone know if this is possible? Also, how do you guys have it setup. For me i would like to split the divsi's out.

Any reason to keep LASS 2.5 after I install LASS 3 ?

I have no projects that use LASS 2.5. That's not an issue.

Thanks.

Also, is it only the legatos that have Sordinos, i never bought that library previouly.
LASS? Version 3.0 includes sordino legatos. If i recall, the rest of the articulations were not recorded with Sordino but 2.5 had an effect to imitate it for all the rest of the articulations. I'm not sure how that translates into 3

LASS? Version 3.0 includes sordino legatos. If i recall, the rest of the articulations were not recorded with Sordino but 2.5 had an effect to imitate it for all the rest of the articulations. I'm not sure how that translates into 3
Thanks dude, yeah i thought so too but was not completely sure, do you know if their is a way to unload articulations?

Thanks dude, yeah i thought so too but was not completely sure, do you know if their is a way to unload articulations?
From my experience with MSS, you'll go to the performance page with the big round knob in the middle, look at the left side where it says Switcher, and hit that cog. I did notice that sometimes, parts of an articulation might stay loaded. For example, in MSS "sustain" patches like the default legato patch will also load the samples for Sordino, sul pont, and sul tasto, and those will stay loaded in RAM even if you remove them from the Switcher. So if you're loading and unloading something and see no RAM benefit, that could be why. Might as well leave it loaded

From my experience with MSS, you'll go to the performance page with the big round knob in the middle, look at the left side where it says Switcher, and hit that cog. I did notice that sometimes, parts of an articulation might stay loaded. For example, in MSS "sustain" patches like the default legato patch will also load the samples for Sordino, sul pont, and sul tasto, and those will stay loaded in RAM even if you remove them from the Switcher. So if you're loading and unloading something and see no RAM benefit, that could be why. Might as well leave it loaded
Ahh i see, great info mate thank you, much appreciated.

I may very well jump on LASS 3 light , to get a feel for them…Sounds like (at the very least ) it makes for a great layering library no ? And it seems the lite version gives you alot of articulations for the $ (lacks the divisi)
Very cool of audiobro to give full credit of what you paid towards the full version too .
Lite's a great way to start.... This is how I first bought LASS, and upgraded over time. Even if you find the sound a bit on the dry side (although improved and more accessible in v3) it layers brilliantly with just about any library, allowing you to add definition.

Any reason to keep LASS 2.5 after I install LASS 3 ?

I have no projects that use LASS 2.5. That's not an issue.

Thanks.
LASS 3 is basically LASS 2.5 with a new UI and overhauled scripting. LASS 3 also includes the legacy LASS 2.5 patches & multis, re-encoded to work with the LASS 3 samples, as an optional download.

The two main reasons someone might wanna keep LASS 2.5 around are a) compatibility with existing projects and b) a preference for the legacy patches; in your case, the former is moot and the latter is covered.

So … happy downloading. :2thumbs:

Is there some equivalent of the AA sub-rules from 2.5 in v3? Maybe I'm missing something. It's helpful to be able to roll a chord and have the voices go each section in a consistent way. I'm sure there's a way to do that in v3 but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Top Bottom