1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kush drops support for Windows 7

Discussion in 'Mixing, Post-Production, and Effects' started by DynamicK, Aug 3, 2018.

1. DynamicK

DynamicK Senior Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Gloucestershire
    Bear this in mind when purchasing. I'm getting problems with the Omegas in Reaper 5.93. On raising a support ticket I was informed " No support for Windows 7" anymore.

2. Henu

Henu Senior Member

Nov 17, 2017
    Finland
    I've had only negative and unprofessional experiences with Kush support, and this bluntness doesn't really confirm me otherwise. That's also definitely shitty, because I wasn't planning to move from Win7 for at least for a couple of years and I absolutely love their preamps and Novatron.

MartinH. likes this.
  3. Beat Kaufmann

Beat Kaufmann Senior Member

Recently many new updates have been released. Maybe it has nothing to do with WIN7. I would install the latest version. And yes, especially friendly was the customer service (the first time) with me either. Unfortunately, I have to confirm that.

Beat

4. ceemusic

ceemusic Senior Member

Dec 14, 2008
    New York area
    No problems here, the few times I contacted support they responded promptly & were helpful. I've been using their plugins since UBK was released.
    They were also very gracious when I asked them for another trial period on a plugin which they accepted.

I wouldn't think many devs would still support Win 7 these days (or 32b & vst2 less & less)
    Does MS offer support besides security updates until 2020?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  5. pderbidge

pderbidge Senior Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Utah
    Dropping support for win7 when your client base is a bunch of musicians is just dumb. It's not like there's been a major shift like when 64bit was introduced. In fact it wasn't til more recently that win 10 wasn't a big pile of dung loaded with bugs and issues. They can do what they want though. I don't own any of their plugins so it doesn't affect me.

MartinH. likes this.
  6. Will Blackburn

Will Blackburn Senior Member

Oct 28, 2012
    London
    I did use my gaming laptop as a guinea pig for the upgrade 3/4 months ago and experienced loads of stability issues. W10 refuses to get on nicely with Nvidia cards. A few weeks later i woke up one morning to find the entire laptop dead. Motherboard fried. One year old HDD dead. There's no chance i'm upgrading the music PC which is running brilliantly despite being 8 years old.

thevisi0nary, Henu and MartinH. like this.
  7. MartinH.

MartinH. Senior Member

Jun 16, 2018
    I'm hoping to be able to hold out on Win 7 long enough till Win 10 is made obsolete by something better, like Vista was by Win 7.

8. String-for-sale

String-for-sale To the highest bidder

Oct 18, 2017
    Microsoft is not supposed to release something else. I read that's their last operating system that will be updated regularly.

9. MartinH.

MartinH. Senior Member

Jun 16, 2018

10. EvilDragon

EvilDragon KSP Wizard

May 25, 2010
    Croatia
    W10 is better than W7.

gregh and oivind_rosvold like this.