1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kush audio Transformer plugin experiences?

Discussion in 'Post Production & Mixing Discussion' started by Silence-is-Golden, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Silence-is-Golden

Silence-is-Golden ^^

Jun 8, 2015
    Are there any users of the transformer N plugin who use it on seperate tracks or summing/ master tracks?
    Obviously for use with orchestral music.

Kush promotes it in combo with the mic preamps, but I think that since it emulates a Neve component it might add the 'grit' as is said of vintage gear.
    I.o.w. some added 'warmth' to the track.( all subjective wordings eh?)

Thanks in advance

2. synthpunk

synthpunk Senior Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Hell's Kitchen-Orlando
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Silence-is-Golden likes this.
  3. RyanMcQuinn

RyanMcQuinn Grateful Member

Aug 16, 2016
    I bought all three transformers when on sale. I have only used them a little so far, but when loading them all to a track and testing them side by side, I found them to offer awesome and pleasing options to shape the imaging instead of using eq. I'm not sure which would suit your current needs best though. You could do a trial on all three and probably have a really good experience trying them out :)

4. OP
    OP
    Silence-is-Golden

Silence-is-Golden ^^

Jun 8, 2015
    thank you guys for your posts.

Indeed for the offer I couldn't resist but buying the N version. Like many of these plugins they do add "something" allthough I am not sure what.

The toneboosters vintage plugs f.e. quickly added distortion in my experience.
    This Kush N plug seems do do what I look for.

Like synthpunk says: it also seems to add some more width & dimensionality.

5. elpedro

elpedro Senior Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Canberra
    I have one of them,quite like it on certain types of individual tracks, I wouldn't slap it across a group or master buss tho.

6. synthpunk

synthpunk Senior Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Hell's Kitchen-Orlando
    Agreed, I find Waves NLS works best for that, grab it next time it's on sale for $29 USD.

7. JanR

JanR Senior Member

I use the model A on the first slot on the master bus. I use the intensity very subtle though for the lovely flavor! The sound becomes instantly more present, warm and spacious. Can really recommend it!

8. LaurensGoedhart

LaurensGoedhart Senior Member

I'm using the 458A a lot on 'clean' tracks such as too clean samples and synths. They add a lot of flavour, even when using it with low intensity. And what it can do when the knob is turned (almost) all the way, oh man... I love it! I have no experience with the others but am likely to get the N soon.

9. DynamicK

DynamicK Senior Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Gloucestershire
    Got them all. Really useful to add some mojo to any track. Recently got the 458A, tried it on some female vox yesterday...just adds something. Greg does have regular sales, so maybe worth subscribing to the newsletter.

synthpunk likes this.
  10. synthpunk

synthpunk Senior Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Hell's Kitchen-Orlando
    Yes, just missed the Labor Day Sale. I'll try to remember to post here next time there is one. Also there is a UBK subscription plan that you may find interesting that gives you access to a whole bunch of other great plugins such as Clariphonic, Pusher, UBK-1, Electra, and Hammer.