What's new

Korg Nano Studio doesn't work after Win10 update - SOLVED

borisb2

Windows 10 decided to make an update. Big mistake. After the update the Korg NanoStudio doesnt connect anymore with Cubase or the Korg Utility. It says nothing connected. I uninstalled and reinstalled the USB-driver from Korg but that doesnt help.

GOD, THERE IS NOTHING IN THIS WORLD THAT I HATE MORE THAN WINDOWS!!

Anybody came across similar issues recently?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
I haven't updated yet but I read that the 1903 update broke something in Korg drivers, Korg some time ago has loaded new drivers for this issue on their site, look there to find updated drivers. Write to the support if they still doesn't work.

I compeltely agree with you on Windows updates, I block them until I can because every time takes me days to setup everything to make it working again. Last time I had a problem with NI keyboard (like every owner did).

There was a thread about this some time ago.
What worked for me was uninstalling the korg usb driver and not installing it again. Re-start and Windows will automatically install drivers for your unit.
Or, like Daniele suggests, check for new KORG drivers

Most of my headaches with Windows 10 stopped when I disabled "updates". Good riddance.

uninstalled driver with Add/remove programs and restarted ..but windows didnt install new driver automatically .. so I looked on korg website and installed latest driver (
Version:1.15 r31e
Date:2019.07.19 )

.. Korg Driver window shows the nanoKontrol

1568377484650.png

but Korg control editor doesnt connect, neither does Cubase .. does it need to be attached to USB-MIDI-port manually? .. I guess thats the same reason why the Korg uninstall window didnt show anything ..

aaaargh .. what a nightmare .. 100 reasons to switch to apple - I thought I'm over that

yes i did .. Korg driver and Korg editor (from add/remove programs) .. after restart nothing happened

I remember after the win update it showed that it installed 'a' USB driver ..but that didnt look Korg-related .. so weird

I went through this the other week with my nanoKONTROL2 (I'm guessing the instructions below would work with the nanoSTUDIO as well); here's how I finally got things to work again...

1. Uninstall Korg's official USB-MIDI driver
2. Update/use Microsoft's own driver instead (do not re-install Korg's driver)...

Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers > nanoKONTROL2/nanoSTUDIO > Properties > Driver > Update Driver > Search automatically...

On my machine, I'm using version 10.0.18362.1 (dated 3/18/2019).

Once Kontrol Editor finally recognized and connected to my nanoKONTROL2 again, I had to re-apply my custom settings (Communication > Write Scene Data) before everything was back to normal in my DAW.

thanks all .. I could avoid messing with the registry.. with uninstalling device from device manager and reinstalling through korg installer it finally came back to life (for some reason uninstalling from add/remove programs didn't do the trick)

thanks again..

I went through this the other week with my nanoKONTROL2 (I'm guessing the instructions below would work with the nanoSTUDIO as well); here's how I finally got things to work again...

1. Uninstall Korg's official USB-MIDI driver
2. Update/use Microsoft's own driver instead (do not re-install Korg's driver)...

Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers > nanoKONTROL2/nanoSTUDIO > Properties > Driver > Update Driver > Search automatically...

On my machine, I'm using version 10.0.18362.1 (dated 3/18/2019).

Once Kontrol Editor finally recognized and connected to my nanoKONTROL2 again, I had to re-apply my custom settings (Communication > Write Scene Data) before everything was back to normal in my DAW.

I particularly hate this about those damn updateds, every time I have to set things up again. There should be a way to do a class action against microsoft to tell them to stop messing things with every update.

Do you think if I update the korg drivers before the windos update I still have to do all the mess after?

Do you think if I update the korg drivers before the windos update I still have to do all the mess after?
I'm guessing the answer to that is yes. The Windows update and Korg's driver don't get along at the moment. We'll have to wait until Korg releases a new driver; in the meantime, Microsoft's driver seems to be OK (for me) so far.

Yes, I just updated to 1903, unistalled all Korg drivers, and let Windows put its own drivers, which seem to work. Korg's own updated driver did not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom