What's new

Kontakt Updates (current version: 7.9.0)

The long awaited VST3 multi MIDI port functionallity may have been a great step forward for Kontakt heavy users, but the way NI has implemented it is very limited and unsuccessful imo.

Now we can choose between 16 different "Event Inputs" but can´t decide wich MIDI channel is involved??? Come on guys!!

I was expecting something similar to how Vienna Ensemble Pro has implemented it many years ago.... simply brilliant! But this... this does not make any sense :-(

In fact, nothing was done in order to support multiple MIDI input ports in VST3. It's a straight port from VST2, any VST3-specific features would have to be separate updates.

The update has broken my output settings, thanks a lot, bunch of tracks ruined now because channels are all messed up

For some reason it has assigned St.3/4 and 5 as Kt.Surr. 5.1 even though I don't use surround and have never set this

And then set St.6/7/8 and 9 as Aux even though is after channel 16

Why ? I didn't ask for this

Even trying to change it back to previous setup by doing it manually I can't get it set up

I can make st.1 channel 1/2, st.2 channel 3/4 but if I want to make st.3 channel 5/6 it has to be surr 5.1 because for some reason surr is now 5/6 and if I use unassigned it jumps to 19/20 seriously what the hell is this crap

Just like this guy in his thread I've now found solution - https://www.native-instruments.com/...6-output-routing-defaults-to-surround.457849/

In Studio One starting new project allows me to setup the outputs as I previously had them, why it's breaking old projects I've no idea but it's incredibly annoying losing time on those projects to fix something that NI have broken

Last edited:

In particular, please read the post by Scott @ NI. Default VST3 output config file was not created by virtue of installing the update, so if you navigate on your system drive to find the outputs_vst.cfg file, copy it and name it outputs_vst3.cfg. Done.

In particular, please read the post by Scott @ NI. Default VST3 output config file was not created by virtue of installing the update, so if you navigate on your system drive to find the outputs_vst.cfg file, copy it and name it outputs_vst3.cfg. Done.
Thanks but I managed to fix it the hard way by remaking the setting in a new project, it did however this time, make me actually save it as a preset so I guess there's a positive in this :geek:

Anyone noticed longer load times in Cubendo with the vst3 version? I compared the 6.6 Vst2 version with the Vst 3 version and load times for a project are about 5 times higher when using the Vst3 version. Am I the only one?

in case it hasn't been reported:

in BWW all legato patches are broken when the patch is saved in Kontakt 6.6.0 VST3 and Release samples disabled. Worked fine before and also works fine with VST2

most of Spitfire libraries dont remember Mic-settings - but I guess that has been reported

Hi all not to much of a dig but why oh why when i (save as) in Kontakt 6 it does not start from the top, has this been fixed can really mess you up

mostly kontakt 6 has been running fine

The VST3 gives me all kinds of problems on Reaper (Mac Mojave). The instrument GUI is very glitchy and when I hit my modwheel, it controls ALL of the parameters instead of just one. Not ready for prime time on my computer.

EDIT: Works fine with Anthology, however, so maybe it's a Spitfire thing.

EDIT: More testing. It seems to be a particular Spitfire patch. Weird. So maybe it's okay after all. Will continue to test.

Last edited:
That number is instrument slot ID, it can get jumbled like that if you had multiple instruments loaded but then removed some. The instrument ID slot gets empty but it's reserved for future use.

i think a good practice for any who use a lot as its very handy is to rename the instrument then resave

Attachments

• rename.PNG
    rename.PNG
    18.8 KB · Views: 13
  • rename 2.PNG
    rename 2.PNG
    17.8 KB · Views: 13
Anyone had an issue with the latest Kontakt & the latest Cubase updates & the Spitfire Evo libraries? For some reason whenever I open up my template or a project I have to re load the instrument as it samples don’t seem to play back, didn’t happen before I did the update on Kontakt (I’d updated Cubase before)

Dumb question here.
Does “User Content Base Path” now access ALL libraries/instruments I purchased?
Since the new Access program I show serials but missing many ways to download old content I had CDs for.

Thanks Evil and Faxi..

Top Bottom