What's new

Kontakt Updates (current version: 7.9.0)

@Yaron_NI I just wanted to confirm that I also get a hang when clicking on “Ignore for Now” with ASIO Guard off. I’m on OS X 10.14.6 and Cubase 10.5. Thanks for checking in here!

I need to highlight this particular changelog entry:

ADDED It is now possible to set a user library path in the Kontakt options Loading Tab

What this means that for all your non-Kontakt Player libraries, you can dedicate one folder on any of your hard drives, and put all of them there (OR create symbolic links to them, basically grouping all of the non-Player content that you might have in one single location!) Now, if on another machine you do the same thing (could be a different folder, different drive, whatever - as long as the layout of library subfolders within the non-Player content path is identical between the two machines), this means your projects will be completely portable!

Which means, no more "Missing samples" dialog when moving your project between PC and Mac, or whatever else have you! I tried it between my desktop and my Surface Pro 4 (libraries were installed in completely different places on the respective hard drives, and I symlinked them into a non-Player content path of my choice on each machine) and it works like a dream!

Of course, the checkbox that is below the non-Player content path field should be checked, so that relative paths are used based on the non-Player content path itself.

Also:

Scripts can now send modulation events to the new From Script modulator

For developers, this means that Kontakt now supports event-based modulation coming from KSP. This can be used to provide easy MPE support for your instruments!

So, what happens with my projects when I update Kontakt? Will they load the VST3 Version and keep all settings for each instance?

Hi everyone, I've just had a customer contact me to let me know that Kontakt 6.6 is causing an odd issue with his copy of CSSS. Apparently, the panning and volume dials are not working properly. In his words:

"If I load any patch, all the pan controls stay on the far right, and the volume controls are also linked to pan, if I change the pan, all volumes move with it."

k66panbug.png

We're looking into it, but in the meantime, if anyone else has updated to 6.6, it would be really helpful if you could chime in and let me know if the same thing occurs for you.

Hi everyone, I've just had a customer contact me to let me know that Kontakt 6.6 is causing an odd issue with his copy of CSSS. Apparently, the panning and volume dials are not working properly. In his words:

"If I load any patch, all the pan controls stay on the far right, and the volume controls are also linked to pan, if I change the pan, all volumes move with it."

k66panbug.png

We're looking into it, but in the meantime, if anyone else has updated to 6.6, it would be really helpful if you could chime in and let me know if the same thing occurs for you.
Not happening to me. Not in standalone, neither in my DAW

Thanks guys, appreciate that. Yes from my own testing I couldn't get it to occur on my machines either, it seems it might be something specific to this user.

Cheers!

Top Bottom