What's new

Kontakt Updates (current version: 7.9.0)

The project I’m currently working on has few Kontakts and tempo changes and doesn’t cause Cubase 10.5 GUI glitch.
so either specific libraries cause it or something in Cubase causes it.

Updated for 6.5.3 release.
@EvilDragon
Does 6.5.3 address the Cubase hang at the “missing content” dialog box after moving a library to a different drive? Disabling ASIO guard helps but I generally need that on for my projects and computer specs...

[edited for clarity]

Last edited:
Nope. @Yaron_NI could probably share more, but I think it boiled down to it being a Steinberg issue.
Unfortunately Logic has the same issue. If you use the auto-suspend feature to disable unused instruments, (which most do), the next time you open the session and attempt to load a disabled instrument with missing content I consistently get a hang.

I personally think they should make this an option that can be toggled in preferences. It could be enabled by default, but toggled off by the user. Up until they added this I've never had an issue with Kontakt finding missing samples, let alone hanging while searching....

Anyone having problems with multiple instruments causing a Kontakt 6.5.3 crash?

NI support said do a complete rebuild of all s/w. I do not have any other problems with my PC. I have run successful diagnostics on the memory and CPU. Anti-virus is disabled.

This Kontakt problem did not appear with older releases. (I think 6.2.1 was good.)

To replicate the problem, (outside of DAW) load three instruments. Then try moving the third instrument to the top. (The problem occurs in other ways as well.) A crashlog is created, Kontakt remains open with various problems.

This happened with various instruments.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Update: I think resetting the output solved my problem. Thanks to Phil81 & EvilDragon.

Last edited:
Hmmm I can move instruments around in 6.5.3 standalone over here just fine. Any particular instruments you're loading, or does it not matter?

Hmmm I can move instruments around in 6.5.3 standalone over here just fine. Any particular instruments you're loading, or does it not matter?
Thanks for checking EvilDragon,

I just loaded 8dio Century brass instruments without even moving them and I received this:
1622153204364.png

It happened with NI Symphony Series strings, and also various other instruments like Joshua Bell + something else. I loaded three Orange Tree Samples' Pure Jazz Vibes with no problem. Then I loaded NI pianos and the crashlog is created.

Maybe I should uninstall Kontakt again.

Uninstalled & reinstalled Kontakt, same problem exists. This is not worth the time it takes to solve the problem. I will change my workflow.

Thanks

Last edited:
Uninstalled & reinstalled Kontakt, same problem exists. This is not worth the time it takes to solve the problem. I will change my workflow.

Thanks
Are you familiar with the registry? I wouldn't go anywhere near it if I were you, but I'm not a guru either. Everyone I see playing with it ends up regretting it in one way or another.

These popups have appeared on my screen a few times, but for a lot of different reasons. Perhaps you've gone through all the basic "troubleshooting" right? (batch resave, opening and closing, rebuilding list, ...)

Are you familiar with the registry? I wouldn't go anywhere near it if I were you, but I'm not a guru either. Everyone I see playing with it ends up regretting it in one way or another.

These popups have appeared on my screen a few times, but for a lot of different reasons. Perhaps you've gone through all the basic "troubleshooting" right? (batch resave, opening and closing, rebuilding list, ...)
@Phil81 thanks for the response, it helped. You are so right about being careful with the registry. I am familiar with the registry (40 years IT). You mentioned that the same problem occurs to you from time to time. That is exactly what I needed to know: Kontakt is buggy. It would be nice if NI let people download certain Kontakt versions.

I'm through with the troubleshooting.

@Phil81 thanks for the response, it helped. You are so right about being careful with the registry. I am familiar with the registry (40 years IT). You mentioned that the same problem occurs to you from time to time. That is exactly what I needed to know: Kontakt is buggy. It would be nice if NI let people download certain Kontakt versions.

I'm through with the troubleshooting.
I use Kontakt 5 for some libraries. Maybe that could help you until things are sorted out?

@EvilDragon
Does 6.5.3 address the Cubase hang at the “missing content” dialog box after moving a library to a different drive? Disabling ASIO guard helps but I generally need that on for my projects and computer specs...

[edited for clarity]
you can turn it back on after loading the project

Unfortunately Logic has the same issue. If you use the auto-suspend feature to disable unused instruments, (which most do), the next time you open the session and attempt to load a disabled instrument with missing content I consistently get a hang.

I personally think they should make this an option that can be toggled in preferences. It could be enabled by default, but toggled off by the user. Up until they added this I've never had an issue with Kontakt finding missing samples, let alone hanging while searching....
Where can I find info on Logic's auto-suspend that you mention? Google doesn't help me, thanks

Thanks
I can also not reproduce, moving instruments around works fine here. However, I sent you a PM inviting you to our beta, if you post it clearly there maybe we can find more information.

Top Bottom