What's new

Kontakt Multi Script to assign notes in chord to different MIDI channels?

kestudi

Hi - I'm working with some Sample Modeling libraries (trumpet, trombone), and loving it, except for the fact that there's no way to turn off legato and get polyphony. For a situations where I just want a 3-note chord going "oom-pa", it's super annoying not to be able to at least sketch it on one MIDI channel and hear the notes.

Is there any Kontakt multi script in existence that would take the MIDI input and assign notes of the chord to different instruments in the multi? That way, I could have three trombones in a kontakt instance and automatically assign top-middle-bottom note to each respective instrument.

Or do you have any other ideas to get around this issue?

Getsumen

16 > 24
Did a quick search and this showed up. Didn't test or anything but you can give it a shot

There are also paid programs like divisimate which aim to do the same thing

OP
K

kestudi

Did a quick search and this showed up. Didn't test or anything but you can give it a shot

There are also paid programs like divisimate which aim to do the same thing
Thanks for the tip! Gonna check it out. I wrote to Sample Modeling as well, and they told me that "realism would be compromised" if they allowed polyphony on their instruments. Life is full of compromises ... :)

Top Bottom