What's new

Kontakt/Logic can't find my new sample drive even though it has the same name?

stevinn

So I just got a new sample drive. The old one was a RAID 0, this new one is a JBOD.

I gave it the exact same name. Copied the entire folder hierarchy. I open up Logic and Kontakt can't find anything. So I have to sit there and re-point everything to the correct location. It's tedious and very disappointing.

Did I do something wrong? I've heard other people say they just give their new drive the same name and everything just works. Not for me though...

Thanks

Fredeke

I think Mac shows you names, but handles drives with IDs under the hood. So, different drive = different ID. Re-pointing to the samples in their (unseemingly) new location, like Robh suggests, may be necessary.

OP
S

stevinn

WELP I figured it out. I named my drive Samples Drive (same as the old one) but logic was seeing it as "Samples Drive 1". After a computer reboot I tried to load my template and it started seeing the correct name, but unfortunately I had already pointed all my kontakt instances to Samples Drive 1, so now I have to point them all back... to the exact same file path...

The takeaway here, kids, is that you have to reboot your computer after formatting a new drive if you want to duplicate names.

pkm

WELP I figured it out. I named my drive Samples Drive (same as the old one) but logic was seeing it as "Samples Drive 1". After a computer reboot I tried to load my template and it started seeing the correct name, but unfortunately I had already pointed all my kontakt instances to Samples Drive 1, so now I have to point them all back... to the exact same file path...

The takeaway here, kids, is that you have to reboot your computer after formatting a new drive if you want to duplicate names.

I believe you can also eject both drives so the OS doesn't see the original drive's name as taken, then remount the new drive and it will be there without the " 1"

Top Bottom