What's new

Kontakt Convo Reverb and Knob Smoothness

bigcat1969

I'm running into an oddity using Convo Reverb in a GUI with knobs for Room size and Pre-Delay.

This is a code fragment

declare !IRlist[25]

!IRlist[ 5] := get_folder($GET_FOLDER_FACTORY_DIR) & "presets/effects/convolution/07 Piano Reverbs/IR Samples/11 accoustic space.wav"

!IRlist[ 6] := get_folder($GET_FOLDER_FACTORY_DIR) & "presets/effects/convolution/<<<K4IR.nkx>>>/K4 IR Samples/Club A.wav"

5 works fine with little knob stuttering for Room Size and Pre-Delay on the GUI.

6 causes all kinds of stuttering on the knobs.

Any ideas?

One note which should probably have been obvious to me is that longer reverbs are more complex and hence less responsive. Under about 2 to 2.5 seconds the knobs are pretty responsive, but beyond that get jumpy on my computer. I imagine CPU power has a significant effect here as well. Thanks as always ED.

But why is one method on say a smoothness scale of 1-10 a 7 and the other way is a 2?

Different processes of recalculation. Predelay just adds silence at the beginning on the file, whereas size stretches or compresses the whole IR. The time it takes for this also depends on the length of the IR.

Top Bottom