What's new

Kontakt 6

robgb

Genius. Idiot. You Decide.
This has probably been asked before, but I'll ask again. NI is having a 50% off on upgrades and I'm wondering if I should bother upgrading from 5.8 to 6. I only do basic programming, and am not sure that any of the developer type updates will be of any benefit to me (then again, maybe they will?).

What will I be gaining by spending the $50?

Without mentioning the new functionality too much (FX, source module, etc), i think you're gaining a lot for $50 dollares. You're not only getting what Kontakt 6 currently is, but also what it will become as more updates roll out.

Best regards,
Paulo

This has probably been asked before, but I'll ask again. NI is having a 50% off on upgrades and I'm wondering if I should bother upgrading from 5.8 to 6. I only do basic programming, and am not sure that any of the developer type updates will be of any benefit to me (then again, maybe they will?).

Libraries requiring the full version of Kontakt 6 are already appearing. That may not affect you but I do think it likely that we'll find more and more libraries requiring the full version of Kontakt 6.

If you want to keep up with new 3rd party products then get it. Developers are not going to stick with 5.7/5.8 as the market continues to move. Speaking firsthand as a developer, the amount of improvements NI has made to the experience and difficulty of developing complex products in 6 is substantial and hard to turn away from. That means devs aren't going to keep catering to K5 users much longer.

Top Bottom