1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kontakt 6!

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by lucor, Sep 6, 2018.

1. C.R. Rivera

C.R. Rivera Popper @ his favorite toy.

Oct 16, 2015
    Coronado CA
    Since they are "introducing" K6 on 1 Oct, does the pre-release price jump up from 99 to something cosmic after the presale?

whiskers likes this.
  2. germancomponist

germancomponist Senior Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Germany
    Kontakt-lupe.png

3. Leo

Leo Senior Member

Oct 14, 2011
    yeh this is the interesting way...
    The beer was packaged with the new Kontakt 6, right?

germancomponist likes this.
  4. germancomponist

germancomponist Senior Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Germany
    My picture is not a joke. When I work on a lib in Kontakt sampler I always use this compromise solution ... .
    Ok, the bottles are always replaced. Sometimes it's a bottle of beer, sometimes it's the bottle of a good red wine .... . :)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  5. Leo

Leo Senior Member

Oct 14, 2011
    It's a pity I was already looking forward to the new NI k6 beer..

6. Geoff Grace

Geoff Grace Senior Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Of course, if you drink too much, then everything will become blurry again. :confused:

Best,

Geoff

7. lp59burst

lp59burst Keeper Of Odd Knowledge (Kook)

Sep 11, 2016
    SF Bay Area
    I just went to see if I qualify for the "upgrade" from K5 to K6. I own the full version of K5 that came with my K10 Ultimate purchase.

But, when I tried to check on the upgrade it says "None of the qualifying products are registered to your account" ... and that I'm only eligible for the Crossgrade at $249... huh!?! :eek: :confused: :thumbsdown:

And yes, K10 Ultimate shows up as a registered product on my NI page.

Did I miss something?

8. Kosta S

Kosta S Member

Jan 2, 2018
    I have a 27' 4K display and Kontakt is too small. With Windows 10 I can rightclick on the desktop and under display settings I can change it to 150% and helps allot, going 170% or over then Kontakt becomes really big and hardly fits in the screen... Reaper handles Kontakt perfectly not so with Studio One, but today they came out with a special upgrade I have not try yet ([Windows 10] System DPI scaling option for third-party plug-ins)...

9. Geoff Grace

Geoff Grace Senior Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Wow! A 27 foot 4K display! Your room must be huge!!!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. Great typo!)

Best,

Geoff

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    tav.one, bigcat1969 and Kosta S like this.
  10. Kosta S

Kosta S Member

Jan 2, 2018
    Ha-ha-ha! Sorry for the mistake, yeah I agree 27 foot it would be... a bit much!!!

11. rrichard63

rrichard63 Perpetual Novice

Nov 17, 2013
    San Francisco Bay Area
    It would be worth contacting NI about K10 and previous versions. I have K11 Ultimate and it's offering me the $99 upgrade.

12. catsass

catsass Señor Member

Jan 9, 2015
    It should all be sorted out in Kontakt 6.66

jamwerks, rhye, Casiquire and 3 others like this.
  13. gsilbers

gsilbers Part of Pulsesetter-Sounds.com

I have in my mind the stereotype that germans love tiny letters on their software. emagic and NI where the ones i got this from way back when.

14. slateandash

slateandash Senior Member

May 9, 2018
    Yep, reckon we'll be jumping on to it asap. Been desperate for better quality reverb and delay units, be interesting to see how the wavetable section works.

Although, we're also interested in doing some stuff for Falcon. Have been playing with it and getting some very good results. The possibilities and workflow for sound design is exactly how we would've hoped Kontakt 6 might have been updated, its a shame NI couldn't have looked at what UVI are doing there.

I understand that there is a lot of investment into the architecture of Kontakt in it's current setup, but couldn't 5 have been left as a 'legacy' version to run alongside 6, which could've been a big redesign?

jamwerks and D Halgren like this.
  15. EvilDragon

EvilDragon KSP Wizard

May 25, 2010
    Croatia
    Nope. Backwards compatibility is priority #1 in Kontakt team. There won't be a from-scratch redesign of the whole engine.

Want flexibility of Falcon, cool granular, great FX, unlimited modulation, MPE support? Use Falcon, it's great for that. Want much better CPU efficiency, multicore support and better DFD performance? Kontakt. It's simple. They're not competing, they're completing each other. One letter but a huge difference :) UVI doesn't even seem to have any intent in encroaching on Kontakt's domination in the market, which is pretty obvious from the types of products UVI puts out (and number of 3rd party devs for it).

jamwerks, rrichard63 and slateandash like this.
  16. slateandash

May 9, 2018
    Interesting perspective on Falcon and Kontakt. Although to me, still a shame that they will never stray too far from what Kontakt is now, and I guess will be the death of it one day. We shall see though!

jamwerks likes this.
  17. EvilDragon

EvilDragon KSP Wizard

May 25, 2010
    Croatia
    I wouldn't be so convinced. We got wavetables in, who knows, we might get some other fun stuff down the road. I think they're far from "done" with Kontakt.

elpedro, zimm83 and gregjazz like this.
  18. slateandash

May 9, 2018
    :emoji_pray:

19. j_kranz

j_kranz Senior Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Texas
    Yeah I’m surprised there hasn’t been more discussion about the new wavetable functionality

20. ka00

ka00 Senior Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    From NI's Kontakt 6 product page:

"KONTAKT also works seamlessly with the Light Guide on KOMPLETE KONTROL S-SERIES keyboards for one-to-one visual feedback."

Has anyone been able to confirm if this blurb means you no longer need to run Kontakt inside an instance of Komplete Kontrol software in order for the Light Guide to work?

I'm guessing it means no more KK software needed, because of the choice of the words "seamlessly" and "one-to-one", since I'd classify adding a Komplete Kontrol wrapper as A) introducing a "seam" and B) no longer "one-to-one" (Kontakt-to-LightGuide vs Kontakt-to-KK-to-LightGuide).

Thanks