What's new

Kontakt 6!

NI was never really focused on orchestral and film - that's what 3rd party developers for Kontakt did. NI was (and still is) always mostly about electronic music.

I really want to thank Evildragon for your help and answers. You know very well kontakt and i learn many things from your answers.
I have one last question : it is about the maschine soft included in the A series : can we open a 3rd part vst MULTI in one track of maschine or only nki ?
I see all the walkthroughs and there is ony one nki per track. But can i open an nkm in one track ?

And the same question for komplete kontrol : Can i open a multi in one instance of KK ?

Thank you very much. I ask that because i work always with nkm ( layer /velocity switch etc in omni mode...).
It would be cool to be able to record in maschine nkm patterns. Really.

It must be possible as we can open one instance of kontakt in a maschine track. So open a nki or nkm.....
For KK, maybe not....

I'm not sure if AAX has plugin version inheritance feature that AU has.

I just want to make sure it isn't downloading an .exe that is designed to replace K5. Is that correct?

That is correct. Like all major versions until now, K6 installs side by side instead of overwriting.

it is about the maschine soft included in the A series : can we open a 3rd part vst MULTI in one track of maschine or only nki ?
I see all the walkthroughs and there is ony one nki per track. But can i open an nkm in one track ?

Yes, you can (you click on the "pencil" button in the plugin window's top left corner to get to the full Kontakt GUI), but only if you load the multi from Kontakt itself. Maschine's browser will just show you instruments and snapshots, not multis.

In KK, this is a "+" button.

Yes, you can (you click on the "pencil" button in the plugin window's top left corner to get to the full Kontakt GUI), but only if you load the multi from Kontakt itself. Maschine's browser will just show you instruments and snapshots, not multis.

In KK, this is a "+" button.

Thank you VERY much for the answers ! That' s great. Can't wait to pick up A61 keyboard with maschine and KK softwares. Great deal.

Thank you !

You're more helpful than the paid tech support employees for most companies
NI really should give him a dime or two, since he is one of the(ir) best "representatives", even compared to other Companies! Giving great advice, explaining the meaning of an (at first look) awkward behaviour, clearly separating between his own opinion and facts, e.g.
I think anyone of the devs should look into that approach and learn from it, how he handles questions, fears, opinions of customers (even if they are not his own)!

I really would like to get some library organization features with K6. At I least we should be able to categorize libraries like we can do with quick-load section. But my question is; If I don't upgrade to K6 from K5, will I not be able to load upcoming Kontakt libraries? Will they require K6??

Pity Kontakt cannot categorise libraries and also have small library tabs like Komplete Kontrol. Its a first world problem but when you have so many that list becomes its own problem...

Regarding those smaller library tabs, that's only for NKS powered products, so many non-NKS libraries wouldn't have those graphics, hence things stay with these wide images for the foreseeable time.

Yes I get that, but there is no reason why a similar system could not be implemented. Would have hoped that since KK came out the next major Kontakt would draw some features from it.

True, there's no reason why something similar couldn't be implemented, but I guess we'll see what happens once they get around that GUI update.

But my question is; If I don't upgrade to K6 from K5, will I not be able to load upcoming Kontakt libraries? Will they require K6??

Libraries developed by NI themselves typically are always released on the latest available version... so yes, that would be Kontakt 6.x.x at the time of that library's release. Third party products vary by developer, so you'd need to make sure you read their specific requirements.

I was wondering would there be any real reason for me to upgrade to K6 as the existing one is operating as stable as hell.

Apart from some self repair glitch once you upgrade K5 is pretty solid.

At some point all new libraries will be K6 probably

Would this be the only real reason to upgrade to K6 just to take advantage of some new library.

As I have noticed there is no cpu advantage
So would this upgrade appeal to the intuitive user and developer as I am sure many of us just plug and play.

Hope NA does not automatically update.

It would be nice for the plug and play user to see a significant change in the upgrade but so far there appears to be none and a lot of wishes by users of what they want out of K6 but the wishes does not appear that they will be answard.

At some point all new libraries will be K6 probably.

I hope that doesn't happen for at least a year.
I'm a person who doesn't upgrade so quickly, which isn't something specific to Kontakt. (I will upgrade eventually, thats for sure.)
I also do the same for macOS. (e.g. wait till the version is like OS10.X.3-5 or something)

I hope that doesn't happen for at least a year.
I'm a person who doesn't upgrade so quickly, which isn't something specific to Kontakt. (I will upgrade eventually, thats for sure.)
I also do the same for macOS. (e.g. wait till the version is like OS10.X.3-5 or something)

I think it will take some time. Not everyone is going to update so quickly so we should not see K6 libraries for a while. I hope anyway that libraries producers take many advantages from the updates on the coding side.

Since they are "introducing" K6 on 1 Oct, does the pre-release price jump up from 99 to something cosmic after the presale?

Top Bottom