What's new

Kontakt 6!

Oliver

very interesting indeed!

i wonder if we can upgrade and the get a better price later when upgrading from Ultimate 11 to 12, because i dont need right now all that bonus stuff.
not worth 400 for me right now...

Oliver

well i have another performance comparision for kontakt 5 and new player 6.

maximo 24 bit strings patch from sonokinetic, old version around 6-8%, new version around 5-7%, more on the 5 side...

EvilDragon

KSP Wizard
That's all within margin of error, you can't really tie that to improved performance (especially since there were no such optimizations between 5.8.1 and 6.0.2 :)).

EvilDragon

KSP Wizard
Nothing I can confirm. Heavy patches that were heavy in 5.8.1. are just about the same CPU in 6.0.2 over here.

EDIT: Actually, there's one thing that could be possibly different. When you install K6 from scratch, it doesn't copy all the options from K5, but defaults them. So could it be that the multicore setting is set to a different value compared to what your K5 is set to?

bill45

A guy on a youtube video recomended turning multicore in kontakt to Zero.
If we own Kontakt player libraries, Can we get kontakt 6 player for free?

Until they offer easy access to more scalable and higher contrast type, Native Instruments is seriously neglecting a huge part of their pro audience: people over 40. All industry studies on useability show that GUIs created for the vision impaired have higher overall satisfaction across all age groups and users. I have been advocating this issue for almost two decades to all kinds of Web clients. From one man shops to multinational corporations. Mostly to deaf ears.

To be fair, I have used Kontakt for years and I like it very much. But the useability issues keeps me from loving it.

(I'm not reacting to you, EvilDragon, but to the current and past versions of Kontakt)

Last edited:

EvilDragon

KSP Wizard
They are aware of all that, but there are good reasons why it's hard to move on that front. It's not that it won't happen, but it'll take more time.

They are aware of all that, but there are good reasons why it's hard to move on that front. It's not that it won't happen, but it'll take more time.
Very good to hear, ED. I think UI improvements would create more goodwill among their user base than a whole slew of other technical improvements.

KarlHeinz

Just beginning to install komplete 12 and wondering where the new play instruments (ethereal, hybrid keys, analog dreams) are ? They are not listened as "not installed" instruments, so I wonder if they are part of the factory library ? I hope not cause that would mean I have to install all the 23 GB only for these 3 Instruments :-(

RCsound

Just beginning to install komplete 12 and wondering where the new play instruments (ethereal, hybrid keys, analog dreams) are ? They are not listened as "not installed" instruments, so I wonder if they are part of the factory library ? I hope not cause that would mean I have to install all the 23 GB only for these 3 Instruments :-(
They are part of the bundle but, in my case with K12U, i received a email from NI a bit later with the disponibility to install those instruments from Native Access and the invoice of these free instruments, so after restarting NA these instruments are available.

KarlHeinz

RCsound: thanks a lot, , you saved my day :2thumbs:.

Yes, after closing (and then downloading the 6 GB from the session strings I have started to download for install again after restart....) and reopening native acess they are there now. What a b....... NI on its best again :eek:.
I know it has been mentioned before but: what use has a hard drive when the biggest items (session strings 2, Middle eas....) have to be downloaded KOMPLETE(ly) again ? Wonder how many days I will spent on this, if I have known that I could as well take a download instead of waiting on harddisk from U.k.......

EvilDragon

KSP Wizard
what use has a hard drive when the biggest items (session strings 2, Middle eas....) have to be downloaded KOMPLETE(ly) again ?
No you don't need to do this. Already installed NI libraries can be located from NA. Hover over them in "Not installed" section and you will see.

Top Bottom