Kontakt 6

CACKLAND

Hey All,

Anyone in the industry have word on the possibility of Native Instruments Kontakt 6 Release date or features?

Cheers :)

mickeyl

Dr. Mickey Lauer
This delay sounds like a major rewrite (or not assigning enough resources)... very curious about what they come up with. Hopefully not less performant.

Soundhound

Please don't make me reinstall everything, please please please... Or do I want to because everything will be immeasurably better and my writing will as a result be godlike?

EvilDragon

KSP Wizard
Major versions of Kontakt are always separate installs and don't overwrite previous versions. That's pretty much the case with all NI software, you can have multiple major versions installed side by side.

Soundhound

Whew, that's good to know. But presumably many of the libraries will be updating to take advantage of the new Kontakt capabilities etc?

OP
CACKLAND

CACKLAND

Sorry for the title with the possibility of misleading anyone.

Looking forward to the new version (which ever decade it is released in) ;)

Soundhound

Anyone have any guesses about what Kontakt 6, whenever it comes out, will have? If this was already covered my apologies and I will go to the back of the class.

How many you guys expect a new factory library of Kontakt while several all-in-one sample libraries are available nowadays or serious creators already might have Komplete?

I just expect Kontakt 6 to be improved only its engine, usability or GUI.
Wish NI would provide a new Kontakt without a factory library for $50-100.
:P

mickeyl

Dr. Mickey Lauer
How many you guys expect a new factory library of Kontakt while several all-in-one sample libraries are available nowadays or serious creators already might have Komplete?
Actually... I'd welcome an option to skip the factory library and make the product cheaper for those who have tons of 3rd party libraries.

samphony

I hope they improve sample background loading/streaming as well as the option from kontakt 3.5 to load samples purged by default.

EvilDragon

KSP Wizard
Actually... I'd welcome an option to skip the factory library and make the product cheaper for those who have tons of 3rd party libraries.
Here's the thing - factory library is not a part of the price of admission for Kontakt. It's kind of an extra.

I hope they improve sample background loading/streaming
This is probably the best it's gonna be. It's already the most efficient streaming engine on the planet...

OP
CACKLAND

CACKLAND

Would like to see what kind of new GUI integration Native Instruments could conceptualise and deliver? Always appreciate new and improved graphics