What's new

Kontakt 5 is too old to load this patch... *SIGH*

Contact the maker. Perhaps they accidentally saved it in the wrong format?

...or perhaps you batch reserved the original patches using Kontakt 6 Player at some point? If you did, the patches won't load in Kontakt 5 anymore, as they become a Kontakt 6 patch. Try redownloading the original files, in this case.

Anyway, just an idea. Good luck!

Yes, but that's not what we're talking about here. The version of Kontakt you saved the NKI with is stored in the NKI. So it is impossible to, say, batch resave things in Kontakt 6 Player and then file version end up being 5.8.1 (which is what images above are showing). :)

Watching with interest. Had this issue only couple times on both Win10 Desktop PC /Reaper DAW(s).
Confident that K6 Player not involved.
Last time, Albion ONE generated this K5.8.1 error, yet Tundra and Loegria did not ……. loaded in same project along with few other, non-SF VSTi(s).
SF Support responded by sending new 'Instrument' content for Albion ONE, and issue is resolved.
JFYI here, as I have no clue what triggered the issue, or why the new 'Instrument' folder resolved it. :notworthy:

@sostenuto, I don't understand what to do with "SF Support responded by sending new 'Instrument' content for Albion ONE, and issue is resolved."
What do I have to do exactly ?

@EvilDragon, I already use Sound Dust Vol.1 on my K5 and got no problem and the version shown on the website is correct.

Something triggered the problem and I can't figure out what exactly

Here is a screenshot from a batch resave I try to do in K5 Capture d'écran 2019-03-02 21.42.12.png

I'm redownloading the library to see if the problem goes away.

Last edited:
@sostenuto, I don't understand what to do with "SF Support responded by sending new 'Instrument' content for Albion ONE, and issue is resolved."
What do I have to do exactly ?
I think @sostenuto is referring to the .nki files. Get in touch with Spitfire. They might send you new .nki files (which are often simply called 'instruments') and they will also explain to you what you have to do with those files (you'll probably just overwrite the old instruments with the new ones).

@ Normqn __ only posted to note a different example of your issue. Seems like .nki files are related somehow ?

Ok so I made a clean install of the Sound Dust Vol.1 Library and the problem is solved.
Hope it doesnt do this on one of the 200Go+ SF library ...

Top Bottom