1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kontakt 5.7 released

Discussion in 'KONTAKT: Sampling, Programming & Scripting' started by EvilDragon, Sep 19, 2017.

1. wilx

wilx Senior Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Weirdly the issue seems to have calmed down now. One separate thing I'm noticing is a huge spike in CPU usage when I open the Kontakt plugin window. Wondering whether that's always been the case and I'm only seeing it now, or whether it's a bug.
  2. ScoringFilm

ScoringFilm Senior Member

Jul 7, 2011
    I have noticed significantly faster loading times over recent versions; no other new issues here.
  3. wbacer

wbacer Senior Member

Feb 4, 2014
    I just recently downloaded and installed the latest Berlin Woodwinds update.
    OT indicated that the update was done correctly but the old 2.1 folder is now housed within the BWW 2.2 folder.
    Kontakt is still pointing to the 2.1 folder and not to the BWW 2.2 folder so I don't see the update in Kontakt 5.7
    OT suggested to remove and re-add BWW in Kontakt but Mario indicated, in a Native Instrument's post, that this was not possible with 5.7 and that an installer for Kontakt 5.6.8 was no longer available.
    Mario also indicated that you can still force a reinstall of the library by removing relevant entries from the registry/removing relevant plist files. I'm on a Mac and I'm not sure how to do that.
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
  4. wbacer

wbacer Senior Member

Feb 4, 2014
    FYI, I found a workaround.
    I just moved the BWW folder to another HD then within Kontakt relocated the path.
    I didn’t need to remove and re-add BWW in Kontakt after all.