What's new

Komplete Kontrol for ANY controller?

It's a great bit of software. I just wish that it could be resized vertically. Is there any technical reason why this can't be done? I end up collapsing the tag browsers just to claw back some vertical space.
Yeah, too bad it doesn't do that.

One thing that is interesting about KK is that there are a lot of non-Kontakt instruments that have NKS. And if they are resizeable, like the Arturia V synths, KK will expand to hold them. Same for non-NKS instruments like UVI Workstation hosted in KK.

So, I don't use the Komplete Kontrol software much because I in the past I found it quite kludgy, but I'm looking it over again.

One thing that I find frustrating is finding the instruments in the browser, since some of the patches seem to be missing from what I know is in the instrument if I access it via Kontakt. Is there a way to update the database to include those, or can I only do that by adding them to the user side? On the user side, is there a way of organizing presets through folders or is it only through tagging? I don't find the manual exactly straightforward. And is there a manual for the software that is separate from the manual for the keyboard? I haven't been able to locate it if it exists.

Another thing. Wasn't the recent sale by OT supposed to making the Arks NKI compatible? Why do they not show up in the main panel along with Time Macro? (See screenshot)
Komplete Kontrol.png

Another thing. Wasn't the recent sale by OT supposed to making the Arks NKI compatible? Why do they not show up in the main panel along with Time Macro? (See screenshot)
Komplete Kontrol.png

If you use search for a Time Macro patch are you able to find it? If there’s no library file it’s not added to the list afaikt. The Olafur Arnalds toolkit is not shown in the list but the presets can be found via search. Chamber Waves and lcot are shown though because they have a library file.

If you use search for a Time Macro patch are you able to find it? If there’s no library file it’s not added to the list afaikt. The Olafur Arnalds toolkit is not shown in the list but the presets can be found via search. Chamber Waves and lcot are shown though because they have a library file.
The Time Macro Library shows up. The Arks do not. The patches didn't even show up when I searched for them until I add the library via the user tab. For whatever reason, they evidently are not picked up in the main database scan.

The Time Macro Library shows up. The Arks do not. The patches didn't even show up when I searched for them until I add the library via the user tab. For whatever reason, they evidently are not picked up in the main database scan.

That’s because it only scans the libraries that are registered (in the registry). All others need to be added in the user libraries indeed. So the arcs don’t have a library file?

That’s because it only scans the libraries that are registered (in the registry). All others need to be added in the user libraries indeed. So the arcs don’t have a library file?
Evidently, the Arks do not have a library file or if does, it is not where it is supposed to be. Where should it be located?

The Ark patch does have the preview, so when I add it through the user library, I do get the sample sound for patch.

Evidently, the Arks do not have a library file or if does, it is not where it is supposed to be. Where should it be located?

The Ark patch does have the preview, so when I add it through the user library, I do get the sample sound for patch.

Indeed, the preview files are in a separate folder that’s picked up by Komplete kontrol when adding the installation folder of the Arks. The library file mostly is in the root when its existing.

Indeed, the preview files are in a separate folder that’s picked up by Komplete kontrol when adding the installation folder of the Arks. The library file mostly is in the root when its existing.
So why are the Arks not in the library? Or more to the point how do I get them into the library presuming they are supposed to be there.

So why are the Arks not in the library? Or more to the point how do I get them into the library presuming they are supposed to be there.

Are the arks in the library list in Kontakt? If they’re not then they aren’t registered as a library and won’t show up in Komplete Kontrol.

Are the arks in the library list in Kontakt? If they’re not then they aren’t registered as a library and won’t show up in Komplete Kontrol.
They are in Kontakt since they are Kontakt Player libraries. They don’t appear in Komplete Kontrol under the factory tab like other NKS libraries. Time Macro shows up but it’s the only OT library I have that shows up.

Edited to add: the lights and everything are mapped once I open an Ark patch. It’s just not showing up in the factory list with Time Macro.

They are in Kontakt since they are Kontakt Player libraries. They don’t appear in Komplete Kontrol under the factory tab like other NKS libraries. Time Macro shows up but it’s the only OT library I have that shows up.

Edited to add: the lights and everything are mapped once I open an Ark patch. It’s just not showing up in the factory list with Time Macro.

I’m not using Kontakt player only full. I reckon there’s no .nicnt file in the Ark folder and there’s one in Time Macro? Did you register the ark libraries via Native Access or wasn’t this necessary?

I’m not using Kontakt player only full. I reckon there’s no .nicnt file in the Ark folder and there’s one in Time Macro? Did you register the ark libraries via Native Access or wasn’t this necessary?
I use the full version of Kontakt as well but the Arks are kontakt player libraries meaning they show up in the tabs on the left in Kontakt. But that’s not pertinent to their behavior in Komplete. They behave normally in Kontakt and they did not show up in Komplete previously because they were not compatible. When OT ran that sale through NI in December that was to announce that they were now compatible with Komplete. But it doesn’t seem to be working right for me and I’m wondering if anyone else is seeing the Arks showing in the factory tab the way Time Macro shows in that screenshot I posted above. If others are seeing it, I’m wondering how to remedy it in Komplete.

I’m not sure how I registered the OT products, but Ark 1 and maybe 2 were probably done using the old service center or through Kontakt itself. I’m pretty sure Native Access was in place by the time I did Ark 3.

I’m now wondering if the NKS instrument for Ark requires Kontakt 6 and that’s why it’s not being picked up by Komplete.

@jbuhler
I get this when I browse? Looks different to yours??
Yes, mine only shows Time Macro as in the image above (sorry, I’m using my phone right now and so can’t easily link back but it’s upthread). Do you have Kontakt 6 or Kontakt 6 player installed?

Yes, mine only shows Time Macro as in the image above (sorry, I’m using my phone right now and so can’t easily link back but it’s upthread). Do you have Kontakt 6 or Kontakt 6 player installed?

I'm on Kontakt 5 full and Kontakt 6 player

I'm on Kontakt 5 full and Kontakt 6 player
So maybe I need to install Kontakt 6 player for Komplete to see the Arks. Can you still open player libraries like the Arks in Kontakt 5 after you’ve opened them in Kontakt player 6?

So maybe I need to install Kontakt 6 player for Komplete to see the Arks. Can you still open player libraries like the Arks in Kontakt 5 after you’ve opened them in Kontakt player 6?

No, I'm stuck with 6 Player now they've updated. So I'd avoid for now... or until they fix the GUI resize option at least in this thing!

I was able to map Komplete Kontrol to my keyboard without problem.

I see the Arks in my Kontakt 5. If you want to see the NKS version inside Komplete Kontrol, you can erase the Arks with the NI unregister tool, than locate those libraries from inside Native Access. Next time, Komplete Kontrol should scan correctly the Arks.

I was able to map Komplete Kontrol to my keyboard without problem.

I see the Arks in my Kontakt 5. If you want to see the NKS version inside Komplete Kontrol, you can erase the Arks with the NI unregister tool, than locate those libraries from inside Native Access. Next time, Komplete Kontrol should scan correctly the Arks.
I see the Arks inside of Kontakt 5 too. That's not the issue. The issue is not seeing them in KK. Loading them via the user tab has made the libraries accessible. If eventually updating to Kontakt 6 doesn't resolve the issue, I may try unregistering and reregistering.

I see the Arks inside of Kontakt 5 too. That's not the issue. The issue is not seeing them in KK. Loading them via the user tab has made the libraries accessible. If eventually updating to Kontakt 6 doesn't resolve the issue, I may try unregistering and reregistering.

I found the solution to this on Windows 10 at least for the Arks and a few other libraries. I'm not totally sure it'll work unless you have Kontakt 6 but worth a shot. I have both 5 & 6

Make sue KK is closed. Then find you library (for example Ark 1) and move the entire folder temporarily to a new location. Then open NA and you'll see "repair" icon on the right. Now with NA open move your library back to it's original location. Click on repair and browse to that location and click relocate. After it finds the library close NA.

Now open KK again and it should repopulate and you should see it show up. If you have more than one library you're trying to fix, I've discovered you can only do this one at a time.

Give it a shot and let me know but if you've updated your OT libraries to NKS they should work by doing this. Good luck!

Top Bottom