What's new

Komplete 10

Phillip996

Hey, found a store where they are selling komplete 10 at a low price. Are the licences still valid even after the release of komplete 11? Will I be able to update to the latest version of kontakt 5?

If it is a legitimate seller, it would make sense the price is lower as you have to pay for the upgrade to 11. I think the current version of Kontakt is still 5, as was the version I got with Komplete 9, so there shouldn't be a cost to upgrade to the lastest version.

My concern would be that it is a used license that you can't register. However, if it is a legit store, they may have extra stock that didn't sell.

It is a legit store, it indeed seems to be extra stock that didn't sell. So if I am not misunderstanding you, I could not just buy this and use it as komplete 10, I would have to immediately upgrade to 11?

I would clarify with the seller if it’s used or new, but NI products can be resold, the owner just needs to let NI know and they will give him/her a transfer number, which the new owner can register.

And Komplete 10 can certainly be used as is without upgrading to 11. Granted, you don’t get all the instruments included in 11, just those in 10, but all those can be updated to their latest versions without a problem (except maybe reaktor as I believe it went to version 6 with K11). Basically NI always lets you update a .xx version for free but once it advances to the next whole version (like 5.73 to 6.00) then you must pay for the upgrade.

So I would check with seller, and NI to make sure seller is legit, but if you want the latest version of Kontakt 5 it should be no problem (until they go to Kontakt 6, which has been delayed due to bugs for some time). Clock is ticking. ;)

No, you can use it as Komplete 10. Most of us only upgrade every other version. And that is only if they added/updated something we want. I was just saying one of the reasons it would be cheaper is because you do have to pay to get the current version, so they usually have to take that into account when pricing. Not that you need to get the current version. :)

No, you can use it as Komplete 10. Most of us only upgrade every other version. And that is only if they added/updated something we want. I was just saying one of the reasons it would be cheaper is because you do have to pay to get the current version, so they usually have to take that into account when pricing. Not that you need to get the current version. :)

Thanks for your clarification :D. I only really care about kontakt 5 lol

Top Bottom