What's new

Know any keyboard controller with Fatar TP/9S-unweighted ?

Fredeke

Hello

I'm looking for a keyboard controller built around the Fatar TP/9S unweighted keyboard.
Does one know if such a thing exist?

61 keys or more (though I don't expect to find more, not in unweighted format)

Korg seems to have a few models, according to this list:

(Look for the term 'ungewichtet', which means 'unweighted').

Thanks for the link !

Apparently, many synths use this keyboard, but not many controllers :-/

(There's the old Evolution MK461C, but it's hard to find)

Reactions: muk
Yeah, I couldn't find a single controller with this keybed. If you want this exact keybed model, the only solution I can think of is diy. Doepfer sells (sold?) Fatar keybeds and parts seperately. At the moment I can't access their homepage though. Wondering what that means?

Yeah, I couldn't find a single controller with this keybed. If you want this exact keybed model, the only solution I can think of is diy. Doepfer sells (sold?) Fatar keybeds and parts seperately. At the moment I can't access their homepage though. Wondering what that means?

I''m bad at DIY, when not following precise instructions. Even my attempts at the simplest device (a box with some switches, say) usually don't work well.

I'm not looking for that keybed in particular. I'm looking for a 61+ unweighted keyboard with good aftertouch. By good aftertouch I mean, reacts to light pressure (to the slightest pressure, ideally) and has fine resolution from light to heavy.

I noticed my Nord Wave is like that, and I found out it uses this Fatar keybed (alas, the Nord's panel is not exactly a master controller's - and it's only 49 keys). But the Moog Sub 37 has a fine keyboard in this regard too. I could do with one like that, in 61 key version. The original Arturia Keylab has the finest, most sensitive aftertouch I've ever experienced, but unfortunately I hate everything about programming its interface. Maybe I should give it another shot... Anyway, I don't know which keybed they use, but that would in fact be the best for me.

On the other end of the spectrum, there's the Roland A-Pro: I could litterally sprain a finger trying to play the aftertouch, and then it goes from 0 to 127 like a switch. Useless.
Now I have a Code 61, it's a little better but still too stiff, and semi-weighted is not my thing, after all.

Now someone on Gearslutz shared this link: https://www.yamahasynth.com/ask-a-q...yboards-controllers-and-the-key-beds-they-use
It's a list of many synthesizers and keyboards and the keybeds they use. From it I get I won't find a controller with Fatar TP/9S, but I could still investigate which keybed use my other favorite keyboards...

Last edited:
Top Bottom