What's new

Knifonium VST

“Pssst... Hey kid? Yes you. You look a bit tired man. Poor little JoniBoni been pulling another all-nighter yeah? Betcha people from the Isle of Wight don’t know the little secret that keeps us LA folk going. Tell you what, here’s a little taste man. Go on, don’t be shy! Take it. It’s yours. And should you ever need more tube-based little helpers, just go ahead and gimme a call. Here’s a voucher.”

The voucher is making sense. It’s basically Willy Wonka’s Golden Ticket. It’s now $149.99. If I buy it, it will definitely make me write better music. It definitely will...

The voucher is making sense. It’s basically Willy Wonka’s Golden Ticket. It’s now $149.99. If I buy it, it will definitely make me write better music. It definitely will...

Unless it's the best thing you've ever heard, I can only imagine the vast disappointment upon using it after spending $150 on it instead of something like Diva, Dune3, etc., in addition to knowing or discovering that you paid at least $100 more than it'll be priced again in as little as a month, or as low as $29 come Black Friday (minus a voucher to bring it lower).

Unless it's the best thing you've ever heard, I can only imagine the vast disappointment upon using it after spending $150 on it instead of something like Diva, Dune3, etc., in addition to knowing or discovering that you paid at least $100 more than it'll be priced again in as little as a month, or as low as $29 come Black Friday (minus a voucher to bring it lower).
As mentioned, it was already offered for $50 on KnobCloud yesterday. Gone in a second, but it’ll be back “in stock” there soon enough

If Diva or Dune3 can duplicate sounds from Knifonium ..... I'm ready after years of leaning.
With large set of Presets, Knifonium is huge fun right out of box ! .... and yeah, ~$50. is more like it. :thumbsup:

No knocks whatsoever on Diva or Dune3 !! Just not understanding comparisons. :unsure:

Last edited:

I totally agree at $149 you are getting close to Diva ,Zebra or Repro territory price-wise.
For $99 I think you can get The Legend which is wonderful!
We all know within a few months people will be saying this PA sales is great I just got Knifoneum for $29!
With my previous purchases and coupons I could get this new PA release for I think $75 and I still passed.
From my perspective Knifoneum sounds more like a synth layerd with a Subharmonic synth than an actual Knifoneum ,the actual synth sounds great but to my ears the PA version is OK but doesn’t really sound like the real deal.
@jononotbono
Sharpen up your PA poker skills,a better hand will be coming soon enough.👍

No knocks whatsoever on Diva or Dune3 !! Just not understanding comparisons. :unsure:

The expectation is that if you pay $150 for a virtual synth it should be something that has good value.

Knifonium looks like a very specialized synth which might not be as valuable as other synths in that price range (or even cheaper like The Legend). Of course it all depends on how much you need that sound.

I've only played around with it for about an hour or so. I plan on incorporating it into my template this weekend and getting it into some songs if I can.

Can't comment on whether it sounds as good as the hardware, but it does sound good. Good enough to purchase once my PA MEGA bundle runs out is yet to be seen though.

Or 'want' that sound. Knifonium surely stands out as notably unique and quality hardware synth, as evidenced by its cost and waiting list. The referenced video (above) touches nicely on advantages of VSTi /VSTi3 implementation as well.

And it’s unified!

John/Skippy “PlugInGuru” Lehmkuhl wrote: “In all my years of programming this is the closest thing to an Analog synth in software form I've worked with.”

And it’s unified!

John/Skippy “PlugInGuru” Lehmkuhl wrote: “In all my years of programming this is the closest thing to an Analog synth in software form I've worked with.”

It's reeally good. And reeeally CPU hungry. Sounds like nothing else that's for sure!

Gonna get this eventually, sounds heavy!!
Oh yes, it totally fits your compositions’ esthetics. Wait for a good sale, and holler (DM) if you need a PA loyalty voucher around that time. If they still deem me a loyal PA customer I’d happily part with my voucher.

Reactions: KEM
Oh yes, it totally fits your compositions’ esthetics. Wait for a good sale, and holler (DM) if you need a PA loyalty voucher around that time. If they still deem me a loyal PA customer I’d happily part with my voucher.

Thank you!! I actually just got my tax return today (finally) so I might have to…;)

As I said… wait for a sale ;) because I think I have purchased other PA gems like LION, Thorn and oberhausen for as little as $15, when they did one of those 39.99 sales (using my $25 voucher). Knifonium I may have paid slightly more for, because I was impatient ;)

Top Bottom