What's new

Kinematik for eDNA Earth..where are the patches?

Screwed my evening trying to sort this ………. o_O
Yeah, pretty disappointing. In Matt's walk-through, there is a separate folder in Kontakt...I don't have that. Possibly the new SF Installer is getting it wrong. Guess I'll wait for support to reply.

I found a Kinematik patch list on Spitfire's website, and sure enough, the Kinematik patches are just melded in with existing patches. Damn, I hope that's an error.

Heard back from support. Apparently after the 2.0 update, the Kinematik patches do indeed just get thrown in with the rest, so there’s no way to audition those separately. Really dumb...but I guess that’s that.

Not good is it?! You'd think there could be something (like a K after the patch name or something) to help identify them. I bought Kinematik a while ago to revive EDNA because it had fallen into disuse. It has since fallen into disuse again and will likely be getting uninstalled as soon as I need the HD space. Spitfire make great samples, but really crap UIs. (I used to blame it on Kontakt, but then I remembered what browsing patches in Phobos was like) Spitfire should learn something from the tagging and rating system on Omnisphere.

Heard back from support. Apparently after the 2.0 update, the Kinematik patches do indeed just get thrown in with the rest, so there’s no way to audition those separately. Really dumb...but I guess that’s that.
I contacted them last year and they said you could select/create a sub-folder within the eDNA folder to install kinematik to and then you should be able to navigate just to those patches. I'm recalling this from memory so hopefully it's correct!

I contacted them last year and they said you could select/create a sub-folder within the eDNA folder to install kinematik to and then you should be able to navigate just to those patches. I'm recalling this from memory so hopefully it's correct!
I just got a follow-up reply and they did give me a link to a folder I can install...i’ll give it a go once I’m back in the studio and post it here if it works.

I just got a follow-up reply and they did give me a link to a folder I can install...i’ll give it a go once I’m back in the studio and post it here if it works.

THX !! Already have eDNA Earth & Kinematik.
Bein' lazy, but will be cool to have SF recommended steps and do this right 1st time. :sneaky:

Last edited:
Spitfire should learn something from the tagging and rating system on Omnisphere.
Yes. I'll go one further and say that ALL developers should learn something from the tagging and rating system on Omnisphere.

Looking forward to reading your follow up, jneebz. I'm holding off on purchasing this add-on until I find out whether I can work around the needle in a haystack approach to finding its patches.

Best,

Geoff

eDNA Earth was on my wishlist but I've not pulled the trigger.
I saw a comment up there that it fell into disuse. This is what I am wary of. There is a great eDNA engine in A1, and I've not got deep enough into that.
I'm worried Earth might be another elephant on my hard drive that I liked the sound of int he demo but never actually used very much.

My Kinematik patches merged with the basic patches, too. However, the new patches have a more recent OS timestamp, so I'm thinking it's easy enough to gather them up and put them into their own folder.

My Kinematik patches appear in the main page of eDNA Earth. Screen shot attached. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• eDNA Earth and Kenematik.png
    eDNA Earth and Kenematik.png
    122.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
My Kinematik patches appear in the main page of eDNA Earth. Screen shot attached. Hope this helps.
Yeah it used to install that way, but after the update to v2 that functionality was apparently lost. Now you have to add the folder manually and do a batch re-save to link up the samples.

Yeah it used to install that way, but after the update to v2 that functionality was apparently lost. Now you have to add the folder manually and do a batch re-save to link up the samples.

Must have been what I did then. Always batch resave after an update as a matter of routine maintenance.

THX !! Already have eDNA Earth & Kinematik.
Bein' lazy, but will be cool to have SF recommended steps and do this right 1st time. :sneaky:
Yes. I'll go one further and say that ALL developers should learn something from the tagging and rating system on Omnisphere.

Looking forward to reading your follow up, jneebz. I'm holding off on purchasing this add-on until I find out whether I can work around the needle in a haystack approach to finding its patches.

Best,

Geoff
Support will send you a Kinematik folder of .NKIs that you add to your eDNA instrument folder. Then you do a batch re-save and link up the samples folder during that process. Worked like a charm for me.

Always batch resave after an update as a matter of routine maintenance.

Yes. But in this case, that doesn't solve the problem of the Kinematik patches being installed along with all the other patches (and therefore requiring reference to the patch list to locate). The NKIs need to be arranged into a folder first, then batch re-saved to link the samples.

Top Bottom