Kids these days/Eye rolls or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the drama

Discussion in 'Drama Zone' started by D Halgren, Feb 9, 2019.

1. asherpope

asherpope Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Clearly in my 50s and in love with my cats, right? Just like every soy boy/girly man who may not subscribe to your way of life eh?

miket and D Halgren like this.
  2. Chr!s

Chr!s Active Member

May 27, 2018
    Are you in your 50s or thereabouts though? Again, I'm seriously asking.

3. asherpope

asherpope Member

Jan 23, 2014
  4. Chr!s

Chr!s Active Member

May 27, 2018
    How old are you?

5. asherpope

asherpope Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Dude you've got it all figured out so why do you care? I'm sure whatever I tell you will be met with a smug response telling me how I've failed at life for not fitting into your narrow definition of a man

miket, D Halgren and Kony like this.
  6. Jimmy Hellfire

Jimmy Hellfire Senior Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Austria
  7. Mike Greene

Mike Greene Administrator

I thought I was really clear last week when I banned PeterN and posted this thread in the Political Section that these personal jabs need to stop. Apparently I wasn't taken seriously, because not only have the personal jabs continued, but they are now being dragged into the normal parts of the forum (in this case, the "Working in the Industry" section) where everybody else has to read this petty bickering. That's really bad for the forum, and I can't have that.

So to make myself MORE clear, I am banning Chris and D Halgren. Nonsense like this in the Off Topics Political section is one thing, but when it gets carried into the normal parts of the forum, I'm taking a zero tolerance approach. As I've explained before, 99% of the membership here doesn't want that stuff on the forum. So I will happily cut the 1% to keep the 99% happy.

I do recognize that I'm doing this out of anger. It was just last week that I asked for this stuff to stop, so I consider the ignoring of my request to be disrespectful to both the forum and to me personally. (I know I shouldn't take it personally, but I do.) So when I cool off in a week or a month, I may lift the bans.

hawpri, HotCoffee, Fredeke and 2 others like this.
  8. HotCoffee

HotCoffee New Member

Feb 12, 2019
    Sweden
    The good old "don't feed the troll" should be applicable here.