What's new

Karoryfer Samples releases Vengeful Bass, solo double bass with lots of articulations

DSmolken

Because editing samples at home can still go on more or less as normal these days, I've got new samples of my double bass, the same bass I sampled for a couple of freebies before but with a lot more detail and more than two dozen different articulations. Some of them have probably never been sampled before, like ghost spiccato (like a funk bass guitarist playing a ghost note, but spiccato) or wind noise. It's me sampling my bass played my way - full of aggressive, rhythmic techniques, off the beaten path and not afraid to be over the top.

Walkthrough:

All Vengeful Bass demo:

Demo also using Hadziha, Secret Agent Bass and some stuff by other developers:

$19 intro price until April 15, $59 regular price. Get it at https://shop.karoryfer.com/vengeful-bass

Bought it - this is maybe a perfect counterpoint to emotional cello bass : )
(but of course yours is emotional, too - which I liked from hearing)

I also bought it, never heard of your products before. But this one is amazing. I also saw that there's a vengeful cello. Are the violin and viola also planned?

Thanks! "Planned" is too much to say right now, as any recordings of other people will have to wait until the plague is over, but it will certainly make sense to make a viola and a violin as well.

I bet you're a real virtuoso with chalk on a blackboard - my teeth are still hurting after listening to the walkthrough video. That said, I really like the sounds and I want to check out the slap sounds so I'll probably pick it up. My only issue to date has been having to add Sfz to my toolbox. Can I assume it plays well with Kontakt?

Great stuff. Also, the Karoryfer Samples Swirly Drums are fantastic. Great for adding dynamic accents & colours to a track.

Yeah, should be fine, I've already used this bass in a project along with at least LCO Strings in Kontakt, and about 10 other Sforzando instances (including Swirly Drums). Sforzando also does the "preload start of sample to RAM, load rest from disk when needed" thing so it doesn't hog a ton of RAM even if you load the full-blown patches, and as long as you've got the samples on an SSD, it works OK.

The slaps do have three variations (across 2, 3 and 4 strings) with 2-3 dynamic layers, and 4 RRs, so while there's a big variety of screechy bowing, the deepest-sampled part is poppy/folky/jazzy pizz, whch is really the bread and butter of all the gigs I've played.

I don't know why one should only use Kontakt. That is not even the best looking and the most comfortable software to use. I personally use a variety of players, all working perfectly fine together. Kontakt, UVI Workstation, sforzando, Vienna Instrument, Synchron Player, Vienna Ensemble, Halion... the only problem I can find is with BS Engine, sort of a joke coming out of the arcade era, making me unwilling to use some of the beautiful libraries that have been forced in that mess.

Paolo

Oh man, Vengeful Cello was fantastic and this sounds just as good. Sad I'm going to miss the intro price by a week.

Anyway, this is fantastic stuff so back to the top you go.

Edit: Also, that mustache is an entity of it's own.

Thanks! Last couple of days of intro price - I'll set it to the $59 regular price on Thursday morning. So those of you who feel I deserve full price and have been waiting won't have to wait much longer, heh.

Top Bottom