What's new

K(U,CE)13 Libraries You're Looking Forward To

filipjonathan

Literally The Best Member
Hey guys!

Since I'm a very impatient person and can't wait for the NI summer sale, I love talking about it 😃

For those of you who are upgrading/updating from previous versions or those of you who have purchased the full version, what are your favorite libraries/libraries you are looking forward to the most?

For me it's Noire and Super 8. After them are Butch Vig drums and Stradivari violin. Of course, I don't own them yet so hopefully I won't be (too) disappointed.

Looking forward to reading your answers!

I'm excited too, bring it on! I have K12UCE.

Looking forward most to Cremona Quartet, Noire, and Guitar Rig 6.
Oooh I would be excited for the whole quartet. I however have KU so I only get the violin. The upgrade to CE is a bit pricy for me atm.

I'm going to upgrade from K12 to K13U. The libraries I am looking forward to the most are

- Session Guitarist Picked Acoustic
- Session Horns Pro
- Straylight
- Damage
- Action Strikes

I’m looking forward to the update also.
Will be coming from K11U to K13UCE and I’m specially interested in Noire, Guitar Rig 6, Mallet Flux, Arkhis and finally the full version of Kontakt 6!

I’m looking forward to the update also.
Will be coming from K11U to K13UCE and I’m specially interested in Noire, Guitar Rig 6, Mallet Flux, Arkhis and finally the full version of Kontakt 6!
I'm happy for you! 😃

Agreed, there's a lot of good stuff making the upgrade a no brainer, but I guess I'll just wait for the Time series to go on sale because the super-ultimate-collectors-edition isn't worth it just for Arkhis... but Arkhis is the coolest thing in the package by far.

As I had much luck last year to get the upgrade to K13 UCE for the price of the clearance sales for the old 12 UCE, I can say, it was a total bargain!
I do not need all the expansions, as I do not work much with Battery or Maschine (although I own a Maschine Mikro Mk3), where these aim at mainly.

But there is plenty enough. What I like and use most:
All the Session Guitarists
(sometimes combined with Guitar Rig 6, Picked is especially great!)

Symphony Series Percussion
(quite comprehensive und good sounding, if you cannot afford CinePerc, which is the platinum standard)

Cremona Quartet
(just needed Leonid Bass and 8Dio Deep Solo Bass to get it complete - no, Session Strings Pro 2 are not as good)

Mallet Flux
(good engine and nice sounding mallets, but I try to own each library with a nice Celesta anyway :rolleyes:)

Straylight+Pharlight
(as they are quite similar they belong together for me)

Action Strings+Damage
(I mostly use them together)

The Grandeur+The Giant
(my go-to and a bombastic complement for cinematic purposes)

Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass
(fits in nearly every Rock or Metal setting I do)

Ethereal Earth
(the V2.0 got brilliant!)

Abbey Road Drummers
(best: Modern Drummer; they only can be beaten by Superior Drummer 3)

Just to keep your mouths water. ;)

I’m also really looking forward to Damage and Action Strikes. When I bought Komplete, I got one extra library for free and I choose Arkhis because it was one of the few choices that isn’t included in Ultimate and it looked cool. Arkhis is incredibly fun and has great sounds, but I personally haven’t found much use for it since I got it. I just haven’t found a way to make it fit the styles I have been writing. Same with Ethereal Earth. Maybe I need to just choose a patch and write specifically for it. In retrospect, getting Damage would have been far more useful to me at the time, even though it would have cost extra and is included in Ultimate. Percussion is a weak area in my library, so the upgrade will probably make sense to get those two and the extra symphony essentials percussion stuff. The rest of the Abbey Road kits will be nice to have also.

Coming from K11U, I'm half tempted to buy the Kontakt 6 and Guitar Rig 6 upgrades separately during the next sale for half the price of the K13U upgrade. I'm trying to figure out if the various new libraries are worth double the upgrade cost ($100 vs. $200, I think). This thread might give me sufficient GAS.

Frankly, the biggest reason I'm looking forward to K6 is because so many pianobook libraries are built for it, and I'd like to integrate my handful of K6 player libraries with all my K5 stuff. Having not used it for years, I picked up some guitar this past year and found some use for GR.

I'm trying to figure out if the various new libraries are worth double the upgrade cost
These were exactly my thoughts some time ago. I was thinking of picking up Noire, Super 8, Butch Vig drums and Picked Acoustic separately for 50% off but that's around $190. For just $10 more I get those plus a few more libraries I was interested in but not that interested to buy them separately. So I think it's a great deal in the end. Yes, I have to wait for like a week or so more, but heck, it's definitely worth it IMO.

Upgrading to K13U and I'm really excited for Mallet Flux, Balinese Gamelan, Damage, and Stradivari:emoji_grimacing:
Any idea when the sale happens?

Top Bottom