What's new

Just Got CSSS and CineStrings SOLO!

They sound great! Did you manipulate the vibrato settings at all? I always find that to be underutilized with CSSS

Great string writing, even if its a bit super-sized. I think I'd prefer a little more intimacy in dynamics but I like your use of counterpoint, it really keeps interest throughout. Nicely done.

Even better is your logo music and graphics. Did you do the graphics as well?

@Black Light Recordings this is impressive work. I am particularly impressed by your skill with mixing using EQ, reverb, saturation, etc. to improve the sound. The sound is very nice.

I also was impressed by your original work in the second posting. Obviously, I couldn't study the counterpoint, my ears aren't that good, but it certainly impressed me as solid.

They sound great! Did you manipulate the vibrato settings at all? I always find that to be underutilized with CSSS
Choco....sure did. I road the mod wheel pretty heavy for CSSS. The hardest part for me is nudging the midi forward to compensate for different legato timings since I'm not a great piano player. I actually set up Cubase macros to set note velocity and nudge notes forward for slower legato articulations. That was a game changed in saving time in my work flow.

G

Great string writing, even if its a bit super-sized. I think I'd prefer a little more intimacy in dynamics but I like your use of counterpoint, it really keeps interest throughout. Nicely done.

Even better is your logo music and graphics. Did you do the graphics as well?

Thanks, Synergy. I was going for the more aggressive sound which is why I used more CineStrings SOLO in my piece. I've got a more traditional quartet piece I'm working on now and it is mostly CSSS with a completely different eq profile.

For the logo fanfare, I drew on Goldsmith's Universal Fanfare. That's more of my wheelhouse for writing. The graphics where done by a guy on Fiveer.

G

@Black Light Recordings this is impressive work. I am particularly impressed by your skill with mixing using EQ, reverb, saturation, etc. to improve the sound. The sound is very nice.

I also was impressed by your original work in the second posting. Obviously, I couldn't study the counterpoint, my ears aren't that good, but it certainly impressed me as solid.
Hey Paul,
Been a while. Good to hear from you.

Top Bottom