What's new

Juggernaut at $79 - should I grab it?

musicalweather

Impact Soundworks Juggernaut is on sale for $79. When I look at these hybrid libraries, I always wonder if they replicate what I already have. I already own Project Bravo, Rise & Hit, and several Heavyocity Libraries: Damage, Evolve, Evolve Mutations 1 & 2, Aeon Rhythmic, DM-307, and Vocalise 2. Still, this seems an attractive price for Juggernaut. Your thoughts?

I bought Juggernaut maybe a year ago around that price but it gets fairly little use in here TBH.
Stuff like Project Alpha & Bravo, Gravity and Keep-Forest's Dragon & Evolution: Atlantica do the same thing but sound better and are easier to use IMO.

In your case I would say Project Bravo and DM-307 (for the more EDM-style drums) cover most of what Juggernaut has to offer, but if you need more variety to your sounds, then...

Whilst I agree with Breaker that the Hybrid Two and Keep Forest libs are great for hybrid composing, I think Juggernaut has its place in the world and can be tweeked to sound pretty massive.

Here's the link for @zircon_st video done in the style of Daniel James.

Whilst I agree with Breaker that the Hybrid Two and Keep Forest libs are great for hybrid composing, I think Juggernaut has its place in the world and can be tweeked to sound pretty massive.

Here's the link for @zircon_st video done in the style of Daniel James.

Yes I agree with what Paul said here.

And the nice thing with Juggernaut is that it has its great own sound and is very usable and tweakable. Strong sounds, high quality, stuff sits good in the mix. I think its very complimentary to what you have though you are covered nicely. I would check out the demo stuff and see if this sound is something you are after.

I love it ! Very effective for Massive EDM sounds or synth based cinematic BRAMMMM ! (especially layered with brass samples :inlove: )
And all the samples are also given in wave format, so you can use them in your favorite (drum) sampler. That is very nice from ISW.

EDIT:
My only complain is the way you build kit, it was not very intuitive to me. As I like to have a different track for each perc part, I often end up letting the "choice" menu on, so you can have all the kicks (or snares, or...) mapped across the keyboard.

@zircon_st
If you reading this, a nice update would be to have a separate kontkat instrument for each kind of sound, without the kit building part ;)

Last edited:
Impact Soundworks Juggernaut is on sale for $79. When I look at these hybrid libraries, I always wonder if they replicate what I already have. I already own Project Bravo, Rise & Hit, and several Heavyocity Libraries: Damage, Evolve, Evolve Mutations 1 & 2, Aeon Rhythmic, DM-307, and Vocalise 2. Still, this seems an attractive price for Juggernaut. Your thoughts?
I have the same question! I have those same libraries (except DM-307)... and I think I "deserve" another hybrid library for kicks.. well, I have a thing for downers actually! I keep looking at...
- Juggernaut
- The Zero-G bundle
- Dragon and/or Atlantica

...on one hand they all seem good bang for buck at the sale prices, in that I wouldn't regret... but I can't choose between them...

I've got Juggernaut and Project Alpha/Bravo along with Collision FX and the Evolve series for this sort of thing.

I find Juggernaut to be not as accessible as the others (even Collision with its mapping issues). It has good sounds and good tweakability and every time I've used it for a sound I wanted it's delivered. However Project Alpha/Bravo is much easier to work with without much effort. You have to do more sound design yourself with Juggernaut whereas the others have a lot more there out of the box.

For those who own Juggernaut and the HybridTwo Alpha/Bravo bundle ... if you had to choose one or the other, what would you choose?

For those who own Juggernaut and the HybridTwo Alpha/Bravo bundle ... if you had to choose one or the other, what would you choose?
Hybrid Two bundle , hands down ! You can load your own samples into Bravo and the interface is easy enough to use . Chaos is even better with the different layers and looping options but if you’re looking for the Hybrid Two alpha/bravo bundle Vs Juggernaut , it would be Hybrid Two. Also , if you’re doing trailer music , check out Keep Forest Atlantica or Dragon. Great , Affordable Hybrid libraries that pack a punch sound design wise .

It’s kind of old, so I’d say no.

Save your money and buy awesome libraries when they first get released. You have to keep up with the times and not be stuck behind the curve.

Invest wisely!

Top Bottom