Joshua Bell have sul tasto legato?

jaketanner

HI,

Wanting to get the full version of JB from Essentials, because I need a Sul tasto legato performance...is this something that JB has or is it just a sustain (poly) Sul tasto? The articulations on their site suggests the latter, but wanted to be sure, thanks.

Last edited:

Sarah Mancuso

Esselfortium
The sul tasto articulation doesn't have legato samples, as far as I can tell. You can play it monophonically but of course that's not the same thing :emoji_slight_smile: Works alright for slower parts though.

OP
jaketanner

jaketanner

The sul tasto articulation doesn't have legato samples, as far as I can tell. You can play it monophonically but of course that's not the same thing :emoji_slight_smile: Works alright for slower parts though.
The solo isn't that fast, and might work...worst case, I keep it as is, but worth a shot. Right now I have the first part with sordino, but the transition to regular might be too quick for a live player, hence wanting Sul tasto which would be closest in sound I think.

kociol21

The solo isn't that fast, and might work...worst case, I keep it as is, but worth a shot. Right now I have the first part with sordino, but the transition to regular might be too quick for a live player, hence wanting Sul tasto which would be closest in sound I think.
I believe Friedlander Violin has sul tasto legato.

OP
jaketanner

jaketanner

I own JB Essentials. Need legato sul tasto for the full version. According to an email I received from Embertone, they said it has it.