What's new

Joshua Bell *Essential* ????

Awesome. Will probably pull the trigger on full Bell this week...

... Any chance of also extending the ISS sale into the week? Black Friday overload, aaaah!

Sorry, we'll be switching over to "Cyber Week" mode, whatever that means! The weekend deal will just be the weekend deal.

Between you and me, though (and I guess everyone else who is reading this!), it usually takes us a few extra hours to fully switch. So if you still want any of the solo strings at half price, you still have a few hours.

Thanks!

Oh i didn't know about the cyber week sale. Hope this sale will not over lap with my purchase today. Just got Full Joshua bell Violin and it is just Amaaazing!!!

Oh i didn't know about the cyber week sale. Hope this sale will not over lap with my purchase today. Just got Full Joshua bell Violin and it is just Amaaazing!!!

No overlap! We will officially be "announcing" Joshua Bell Violin Essential tomorrow... and there will be some "flash" deals throughout the week. We were careful not to undercut any of the deals that are currently going on.

Thanks!!

What is the 'advanced copy protection' it refers to on the Embertone website? Are there extra steps end users need to take beyond just using Native Access?

That would be Friday at 1159PM EST - thanks!
That would be this coming Friday 12/6/19, correct? While the Essential is very tempting, I've been wanting the full version for a long time and I'm suffering through a computer rebuild right now and a few more days to recover would be great!

I would love to hear from someone who knows if it's worth getting with the limitations, or is it better to hold out for the full version? I don't use many articulations anyway...and I am more concerned with the tone...which I am imagining is the same? This is not a re-recording right? @Embertone Thank you!!

I don't have the full version - but it kind of reminds me a little bit of Cinesamples Tina Guo's Legato Cello - but it's more flexible/adaptive. I'm not saying it's a direct comparison, but it has a wonderful tone just like TG and it will shine through during expressive and exposed solo parts. The main difference is that it can be used for livelier passages also, so I find it easier to use (ie. I can just play). Does what I need, pretty happy with it!

I don't have the full version - but it kind of reminds me a little bit of Cinesamples Tina Guo's Legato Cello - but it's more flexible/adaptive. I'm not saying it's a direct comparison, but it has a wonderful tone just like TG and it will shine through during expressive and exposed solo parts. The main difference is that it can be used for livelier passages also, so I find it easier to use (ie. I can just play). Does what I need, pretty happy with it!
I have Tina, and the vibrato is over the top for many things. Being that this essential is on/off basically, how much of a vibrato is there?

You can have no vibrato unless you call for it.
I mean I want vibrato, but is it over the top expressive, or moderate that can handle most things? I think Tina Guo is too much as a comparison and also the SF virtuoso violin is too much I think at times. A middle of the road vibrato would be ideal if we don’t have a choice.

Sorry, we'll be switching over to "Cyber Week" mode, whatever that means! The weekend deal will just be the weekend deal.

Between you and me, though (and I guess everyone else who is reading this!), it usually takes us a few extra hours to fully switch. So if you still want any of the solo strings at half price, you still have a few hours.

Thanks!

Maybe I'm thick, but how do the daily flash deals work? I think the one today was mountain dulcimer as that seems a deeper discount than i remember, is that right? Is it one product per day that gets highlighted for daily flash? And does it then return to the regular non-flash sale price for the rest of the week? Asking because I have my eye on that Herring and wondering if it will make an appearance on daily flash.

Managed to pick up the ISS bundle before the weekend deal expired btw, and despite a few issues I've come accross, really enjoying the instruments. Definitely looking forward to / hoping for the update, and wish you luck with that!

Oh, i get it now... on the Instruments page the graphic text describes the daily flash deal. iOS apps today. Thick indeed.

I'm still torn if the Essential JB is useable for a solid solo performance. I most likely wouldn't use many articulations anyway...if it's that much work MIDI-wise, I'd just hire a live violinist...but for a simple mockup to get the idea across...is it good for that? Will I miss staccato or is spiccato good enough? And lastly, is the vibrato very over the top that it can't really do normal, less expressive passages well? Listening to the full version of JB isn't fair since you can control the amount of vibrato...Essential it's on or off. Thanks again.

I'm still torn if the Essential JB is useable for a solid solo performance. I most likely wouldn't use many articulations anyway...if it's that much work MIDI-wise, I'd just hire a live violinist...but for a simple mockup to get the idea across...is it good for that? Will I miss staccato or is spiccato good enough? And lastly, is the vibrato very over the top that it can't really do normal, less expressive passages well? Listening to the full version of JB isn't fair since you can control the amount of vibrato...Essential it's on or off. Thanks again.

Curious about these things too! Also a little bummed out that, if my understanding is correct, there is no dynamics crossfading. Since my actual string writing sucks, I rely heavily on modulating dynamics to create expressive parts. ;)

Top Bottom