What's new

Joshua Bell *Essential* ????

I'd recommend the full version if you're on the fence. It's amazingly expressive and versatile. While I haven't used all of its more specialized articulations yet, the faster legato types have definitely been useful, and the sul tasto/superflautando sustains are lovely for textural use.
Thanks. That is kind of my thinking based on everything I'm reading.

So, I still see the full version for 139$, but Embertone wrote that the upgrade is always 100$.
So would that mean that if you buy Essential for 59$ and upgrade for 100$, it's more expensive than having bought the full version on discount right away? Nice trick ;)

So, I still see the full version for 139$, but Embertone wrote that the upgrade is always 100$.
So would that mean that if you buy Essential for 59$ and upgrade for 100$, it's more expensive than having bought the full version on discount right away? Nice trick ;)

We're having a once-a-year sale, so I'll acknowledge that the math doesn't work out. We're not trying to trick anybody! Just so happens that this new product is on special, and the full version is on sale for Black Friday. Thanks for the feedback though! We're doing our best :)

-Alex

So i could always upgrade for 100 to the full after all the black friday, cyber monday and whatever sale time is over. At the end i spend then 20 more but i also see you get the full $59 also in your APD rewards (if you use it really) on top. Anyway still a steal for such a great instrument and i really appreciate essentials since i often just use less than the half of the content of my sample libraries.

Well, it think it's a perfectly valid business strategy (or "coincidence" :D).

Would have been nice to upgrade without paying extra, though :) But still worth it!

It's just needlessly clumsy how all of that was handled.

I'm not even complaining about having to pay 159 bucks total instead of 139 if I wanted to upgrade now. It's not about those extra 20 bucks per se. If the BF deal for the full version was 159 bucks anyways, I'd still think it's a really generous discount.

But if you got the essential first - and be it just to see if you liked it before upgrading - you end up feeling duped. You're the dork who didn't get the full version right away. Now I most certainly won't be upgrading just on principle alone. It's just stupid and unneccesary.

If i understand it right if you later decide to upgrade you also have 2 version. The essentials and the full version. I see a benefit here if i use many instances and not need all the articulations.
(For the same reason i bought other libraries essential counterparts and then later upgraded to have 2 versions at hand). At the end i payed a little more mostly (but not always) but it was worth it.
In general people seems to complain about paying a dollar too much here and there (even about those wonderful useful iOS apps which cost 5 dollar or so) and i´m thankful that developers still in the game.
Beside that Embertone is a great company. I bought once the ISS bundle (funny also via a APD sale) and was not quite happy after a while and it was so easy and fast to transfer a license with Embertone.
I even felt bad after it since the support was so fast and super friendly and these days it seems rare to be allowed to transfer sample libraries licenses.

If i understand it right if you later decide to upgrade you also have 2 version. The essentials and the full version.
That's if you pay 10$ on top, so 110$. If I understood correctly.

In general people seems to complain about paying a dollar too much here and there
No one is complaining about paying too much here, if that's what you're implying. If not, I don't know why you brought that up.

O.k. bought.....installed successful via Native Access but then for some reason it does not show in NativeAccess and Kontakt.
Edit: Oh, i was too dumb.....for some reason each time i reopen Native Access it does not saved my preferences and so i always have to choose again my extern SSD again as content and download source.
Everything is fine, sorry.

Wow.....so far i love Bohemian Violin and my favorite by far was Emotional Violin....until now.
Since i do not like much midi editing and like to play live into my DAW i´m blown away that even the Essentials version is straight my favorite solo violin now.
So no question that i will upgrade to the full in short time as well.
But in the meantime....is there a way to customize the control page (i saw that in a video but not sure if that only works in the full version). Means i want to set my own velocity values etc.
However, what a wonderful V.I.
Now i cannot wait to hear a Cello, Viola and Bass (hopefully) one day.
I think i just bought my library of the year. Thank´s.

We decided to bump the price down on the upgrade as an incentive— $90 to upgrade while swapping licenses, $100 if you want to keep both.

We’re not trying to screw anyone. We didn’t expect people would want to upgrade so quickly after buying the Essential.

Alex

That´s very fair......but you gave such a great essentials version that people just want more of it. Clever
;)
Oh and beside i find it the most playable of all the solo violins it also seems to works better as my others dry as bone plus my own reverb. Really fantastic.

It's a good middle ground. But me personally, I wasn't trying to beat down the price by complaining. I wanted to express that it wasn't ideal how it all went down with the APD thingy and the BF discount on the full library at the same tme. The Essential for 59 bucks is already a steal, upgrade or not.

Unlike APD's other current deals, this one doesn't have a countdown timer to the expiration date. (Unless I'm going blind.) Does that mean the discount is valid until they decide it isn't and pull it? Or does it mean they just forgot?
APD says all of the Black Lightning deals -- including this one -- expire at midnight Eastern (U.S.) Time on Monday, December 2. That's 5:00am Tuesday UTC.

Top Bottom