Joshua Bell *Essential* ????

Embertone

Hey all,

We're not sure how APD's site let this information slip (we're not too excited about that), but please wait just a few days for the announcement. The APD site (which links to our site which was also meant to be hidden) isn't fully updated, so not all the details are correct in either place. Sit tight! We're so sorry that this information got out prematurely, and we can't wait to share the full announcement in a few days :)

<3,

Alex

Last edited:

Embertone

Some of us actually purchased and paid for the product, tried to download it, had to write both customer services, check with the bank to make sure the refund was legit. I won't do it twice.
I'm really sorry about that. We were as surprised as you when we found out not only that their unfinished site leaked, but that APD's "buy now" button was active on their site. Honestly I'm upset about that too! This may have already been alluded to in a previous post, but we have no control over the APD website.

This was, frustratingly, out of our hands. And though there was nothing I could've done to change the outcome, I am sorry that you had a bad experience. Hope you have a great holiday weekend!!

-Alex

Last edited:

Theodor Andrews

Theodor und die Stille
Some of us actually purchased and paid for the product, tried to download it, had to write both customer services, check with the bank to make sure the refund was legit. I won't do it twice.
How could you buy this, if I may ask? I also tried but there always were different things in my basket, but never the violin?

Rob

Embertone hasn't been completely transparent on this though... I followed Tokatila's link a few hours ago and found myself in an Embertone page with an announcement about the JBE and how it was discounted at APD. Looks like their site leaked too

Sears Poncho

I am sorry that you had a bad experience.
It was beyond a "bad experience', I had to get a new credit card.

Internet Commerce is nothing to mess around with. Here's 2 companies I've never dealt with in my life. I give one, in good faith, my credit card #.

What do I get? Nothing.
What do they have? My credit card. Unacceptable.

It does no good for forum members to say "Nah man, it's a good company(s)". Being careless is just as bad as being malevolent when dealing with eCommerce. Having been ripped off before, this is not something I take lightly. Nor should you. So, it's a bit different than "Wah, I didn't get my fiddle software". I trusted Embertone and APD with credit card info, bought the product, got ye olde official email, have the download links and pic of the product I purchased. Since APD was/is apparently very careless, there would be no friggin way I would trust them with my CC. Had to get another... and I don't even have it yet. Thanks!

Anyone who would feel comfortable in that situation has got rocks in their head. So, hopefully you can understand that it's a bit more serious than you think, and both companies look very bad.

Theodor Andrews

Theodor und die Stille
You should use PayPal if you're so afraid about your credit card then.

And neither APD nor Embertone are bad. I have great experiences with both. APD replies within minutes contacting them on Facebook for example.
I never needed help from Embertone but what I've heard they also do great support.

Go for it when it's officially released and all will be fine, for sure 🙂

Satorious

Yes, I've since been refunded. Not sure if my original email got through - so I re-contacted via the site and it's all resolved quickly. Plan to take another look on Friday when it's officially released. I also have the Dulcimer now which is a lot of fun to play.

OP
ohernie

ohernie

Sears Poncho - the ordering situation was obviously sketchy. You're paranoid about your credit card. You could have waited. You could have asked about APD's credibility. Instead you went ahead, took the chance, and placed the order.

Could be wrong, but here's how I see it:

APD has been running discount sales on VI for a long time. If there were ANY issues with the mishandling of credit cards, they would have been exposed on this forum and Mike would have kicked their butts out - there's too much money being spent via this forum to not take credit card fraud seriously. Embertone is going to privately ream APD and APD will be doing a lot more double-checking of themselves in the future (understatement). If APD wants to stay in business they need the support of this forum so they WILL, loudly, get your money back to you.

And I'm really looking forward to finding out what's included in the "essential" version. It's really looking like a "no-brainer" ... which fits me perfectly ...