Joshua Bell *Essential* ????

dzilizzi

My guess is that this isn't allowed - just like you can't buy Komplete 12, upgrade to K12U, then sell your K12 license. The upgrade license requires the "base" license.

OTOH, if that's the case, I'm not sure I actually see any benefit to having the option to keep both licenses.
I'm guessing the Essentials takes less RAM in a project which can be great if you have limited RAM and don't need the extra articulations on a project.

Sarah Mancuso

Esselfortium
I'm guessing the Essentials takes less RAM in a project which can be great if you have limited RAM and don't need the extra articulations on a project.
You do have the option to unload unused articulations manually, though I suppose the lite version has the advantage of also taking up less disk space.

dzilizzi

You do have the option to unload unused articulations manually, though I suppose the lite version has the advantage of also taking up less disk space.
It's one of those programs where I'd like the Essentials for my laptop and the full version for my desktop. :)

Just wish I bought Essentials first rather than the full at $139. Only because for about $20 more I could have had both.

unclecheeks

Does the full also come with any “lite” or individual patches or is it just one massive patch? If one mondo patch, what’s the RAM footprint when initially loaded?

josephspirits

We decided to bump the price down on the upgrade as an incentive— $90 to upgrade while swapping licenses, $100 if you want to keep both.

We’re not trying to screw anyone. We didn’t expect people would want to upgrade so quickly after buying the Essential.

Alex
@Embertone would this $90 upgrade price be possible any time of year, or just this week?

Embertone

@Embertone would this $90 upgrade price be possible any time of year, or just this week?
Just this week - it will resume normal pricing after the sale. We may extend by just a few days, but beyond that, our intention is to keep the upgrade from Essential --> Full the simple difference between MSRPs. Otherwise, users could buy the Essential without the intention of using it, and immediately upgrade to Full. And it's more "paperwork" for everyone!

Thanks!

-Alex

Nemoy

Just this week - it will resume normal pricing after the sale. We may extend by just a few days, but beyond that, our intention is to keep the upgrade from Essential --> Full the simple difference between MSRPs. Otherwise, users could buy the Essential without the intention of using it, and immediately upgrade to Full. And it's more "paperwork" for everyone!

Thanks!

-Alex
Embertone, wonderful you have essential versions for some of your libraries. For me, I just go right in and buy your full edition libraries because they are quality. Please continue with your solo woodwind instruments. I hope you continue focus on the winds and that we may see Flute, English Horn, and Piccolo. Also hope you have some nice updates soon for your Intimate Strings series. Fantastic!:emoji_slight_smile:

josephspirits

Thanks!

-Alex
Thank you for following up? So does that mean Sunday December 8 or a few days after that?

Tvliesin

Super Simple Josh Bell Essential track I just laid down. Tina Guo Cello on the lower register. Olafur piano. 2 ambient pads, that's it. Criticism/questions welcomed.

Reactions: ism