Jono's Cubase Tip 1.5: -Using PLE to rename tracks (with 1 button)

Discussion in 'SAMPLECASTS, PODCASTS, VIDEOCASTS' started by jononotbono, Aug 31, 2018.

1. jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

Busy sorting out parts of my template, I realised I had named a load of tracks incorrectly and it's a right pain to manually change them especially when its the entirety of library such as Spitfire Symphonic Brass all on separate tracks.

Wasn't planning on making a video on this but as I sat here thinking "why did I do that?" I thought it was a good time to share a very quick way to fix the problem using the PLE.

Hope it helps

Jono

MichaelB, Jaap, Justus and 7 others like this.
  2. Jdiggity1

Jdiggity1 Stroking The Frog

Jan 31, 2012
    La La Land
    This. This is a good tip.

Karma and jononotbono like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

Just trying to ease the pain. Most of us have been there.

Jdiggity1 likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

Ok, here's a follow up to the original video. Instead of using 2 PLE commands... Only 1 is necessary...

5. Musicam

Musicam Senior Member

Jul 4, 2016
  6. Grizzlymv

Grizzlymv Active Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Canada
    Nice one!! I wish I would have known that before as I went through manually editing all the tracks of my template (indeed QUITE time consuming!!). ;) Thanks for sharing Jono.

jononotbono likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

No worries man! It's a very annoying situation to find yourself in. It also can be used to amend the ending of track names. Just choose Append instead of Prepend!

8. Richard Bowling

Richard Bowling Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Great tip! Thanks for making the videos

jononotbono likes this.
  9. Nite Sun

Nite Sun Member

Dec 17, 2016
    London
    Thanks dude, very helpful!

10. Grizzlymv

Grizzlymv Active Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Canada
    yup. never really experimented with the PLE although I've been using Cubase for years. But thanks to this example, I realize its power and I should definitely spend a bit more time with it. ;)

jononotbono likes this.
  11. Musicam

Musicam Senior Member

Jul 4, 2016
    I suscribe your channel on youtube! Amazing!

jononotbono likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

Thanks! I hope to keep adding videos (just figuring out the quickest way to do so) if they are on useful or creative things! Glad you like the tip! :)

DMDComposer likes this.
  13. jmauz

jmauz Member

Awesome! PLE has saved my butt many times...I use it all the time in conjunction with touch OSC. Speeds up my workflow considerably. I think anyone who uses Cubase should become familiar with it.

14. D.E.W.

D.E.W. New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Sunshine Coast, Australia
    Hey Jono, great vids! Much appreciated.
    I am in the middle of re-naming a heap of tracks after importing for mixing...
    Is there a way to just delete the numbers that are at the start (Prepend), it's five 'spaces' (01 - , 02 - ,03 - etc. )?
    I also have four spaces at the end with ' (R) ' to delete if that is do-able?
    I have had a play around with the PLE and a browse in the manual to no avail yet... Thought you guys may have an idea on this possibly? Or point me in the right direction?
    I have another 800 or so tracks to do this for so it would be a great help.
    Cheers
    Dave