1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jazz Trumpet Library

Discussion in 'KONTAKT: Sampling, Programming & Scripting' started by wcb123, Sep 9, 2017.

1. wcb123

wcb123 Senior Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a decent Jazz trumpet library for that Terence Blanchard sound?

A good example is at 4.20 from this 25th hour track:

I found vgjazztrumpet which sounds really nice -

Anything else out there i could look at that has a similar sound?
  2. nordicguy

nordicguy Senior Member

Jan 18, 2007
  3. rottoy

rottoy Gentleman Scholar

May 12, 2013
    ag75 likes this.
  4. synthpunk

synthpunk Yo Gabba Gabba

Mar 3, 2015
    Hell's Kitchen/Orlando
    If you own Komplete Ultimate. I've gotten a lot of use out of Session Horns Pro, you can give that a try until you can afford or pick up something like Sample Modeling. if you do make sure you also grab a breath controller, that can really add to the realism and expression.

And if you have the budget for the project and accesibility you can always hire in a quality player there are many out there who could use the work.
  5. chrisn3901

chrisn3901 Active Member

Oct 24, 2012
    You mentioned your interest in a decent library. Consider that it's very hard to find a decent library for jazz trumpet. To give you the freedom and flexibility of articulations it's not gonna happen with a decent library unless you just want to stick to the basic articulations. If you want the best get Broadway Big Band. Ever since I was asked to help demo that library at NAAM the past few years it is the best. I didn't know about that library prior to my NAAM invites. Sample Modeling is great but doesn't have close to the number of articulations BBB has. There aren't other libraries out there that really capture jazz well. It's pretty pricy but it's worth it.

6. nordicguy

nordicguy Senior Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Pretty different approach.
    Samplemodeling is an instrument you actually "play", adjusting parameters (many) to your playing style/approach/taste .
    Nothing to do with mostly "key switching/articulations" (there's some too) based instrument.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  7. Lindon

Lindon KSP Developer

Jul 27, 2010
    Republic of Yorkshire
    ..can we move this to "Sample Talk"?
  8. rdieters

rdieters Senior Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Brings to mind a good example of SM realtime play: