What's new

Japanese Hybrid score.

fustrun

Hey guys!

So i need to write a modern orchestral score but with Japanese elements, and i thought maybe you guys have any ideas about a Japanese sound design library? i know its specific but maybe a Japanese instrument library with bonus sound-designed patches?
Or maybe if you have any ideas of where to start (the theme is mostly for a villan).

Thanks!

As far as percussion goes, I think a good library to consider is the Bamboo Ensemble (Soundiron).
You actually just missed 8dio's Taiko library sale. There's that and there's Taiko 2 (Nine Volt Audio). And the freebie SCC Taiko Drums.

Aside from some percussion I don't really know what else. Have a look at EW's Composer Cloud. I've heard good things about the Silk product from it.

D'oh! Of course, the Ventus Shakuhachi slipped my mind. I was distracted when I wrote that last post haha.
Also, don't forget Koto Nation, also from ISW! Another great instrument.

As far as percussion goes, I think a good library to consider is the Bamboo Ensemble (Soundiron).
You actually just missed 8dio's Taiko library sale. There's that and there's Taiko 2 (Nine Volt Audio). And the freebie SCC Taiko Drums.

Aside from some percussion I don't really know what else. Have a look at EW's Composer Cloud. I've heard good things about the Silk product from it.
I got a license for Taiko 2 shortly before Nine Volt Audio closed their shop. As far as I know there isn't a way to purchase it anymore, but if there's an authorized reseller it might be interesting to see what else is out there from their old product line.

I got a license for Taiko 2 shortly before Nine Volt Audio closed their shop. As far as I know there isn't a way to purchase it anymore, but if there's an authorized reseller it might be interesting to see what else is out there from their old product line.

Huh! The more you know.

Hey guys!

So i need to write a modern orchestral score but with Japanese elements, and i thought maybe you guys have any ideas about a Japanese sound design library? i know its specific but maybe a Japanese instrument library with bonus sound-designed patches?
Or maybe if you have any ideas of where to start (the theme is mostly for a villan).

Thanks!

https://www.sonica.jp/instruments/index.php/en/

Good stuff

Top Bottom