1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jaeger, a new orchestral library by Audio Imperia

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by whitewasteland, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Brendon Williams

Brendon Williams Senior Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Finally... deep-sampled potatoes!

2. DarkestShadow

DarkestShadow Senior Member

Oh... I forgot the E... :notworthy:

3. constaneum

constaneum Senior Member

Violas never get the love. lol

4. Vik

Vik Senior Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Sometimes I make my own custom ensemble pathces in Logic, using stacks, and this means that I can define the range of each instrument. I always end up with violas getting the widest range. Cello/bass cover the low register (from B1 and downwards), violins cover the register above the uppermost viola notes, around C5, and violas cover the rest. Violins (and cello) also often sound better when doubled with violas. I really like the wooden, lyrical sound of violas, and they also seem to be easier to recreate with samples than violins - at least in some libraries.

Poor viola players: :)
    http://www.classicfm.com/discover-music/instruments/viola/viola-jokes/violinists/

5. JonSolo

JonSolo Not Han's Brother

This does sound awesome. I do not use Metropolis Ark 1, and have held off on getting on sale. Don't know if I should kick myself, but this looks so good I hope it is worth the wait.

6. Sid Francis

Sid Francis Senior Member

Feb 4, 2011
    near Cologne/ Germany
    Each of them gave me a good laugh, thanks! And i LOVE Violas...:)

7. Sid Francis

Sid Francis Senior Member

Feb 4, 2011
    near Cologne/ Germany
    signed

8. Consona

Consona Senior Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Sounds promising. How soft is the lowest dynamic layer of the strings shorts? Is this library only about "huge epic" or for more general use? One thing I've noticed listening to HZ's Batman soundtracks is how softly played those spiccati patterns are at some times, would be great if this library was able to handle that.

9. Puzzlefactory

Puzzlefactory Senior Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Range is pp to ff isn’t it?

10. Puzzlefactory

Puzzlefactory Senior Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Looking through their website it looks like they mainly cater for Trailer music.

11. tomaslobosk

tomaslobosk Senior Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Santiago, Chile
    The library is not limited to epic music, it's very versatile :)

It has a fantastic dynamic range, pps are really quiet, and ffs are incredibly powerful, we also included a Volume Range slider, so you can adjust the dynamic range to your taste.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    EgM likes this.
  12. JonSolo

JonSolo Not Han's Brother

Thank you for your direct involvement here. This is really looking like a highly versatile product. It is in my target. Please let us know as you get a date so I can plan accordingly.

13. Consona

Consona Senior Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Thank you for answer. Cannot wait for some walkthrough videos. ;) :thumbsup:

14. desert

desert Just here so I don't get fined

Jul 31, 2016
    Australia
  15. Ned Bouhalassa

Ned Bouhalassa Senior Member

Sep 30, 2004
    The problem, as I see it, is that it’s the directors and producers who call the shots, and said shots don’t include woodwinds, believe me (or don’t). FWIW, I love me some woodwinds.

16. robgb

robgb I Have Strong Opinions

Apr 6, 2016
    Part of the reason I'm not interested in writing music for movies.

dcoscina and EgM like this.
  17. lux

lux Senior Member

I was watching to "IT" the other day and thought of the (cool) score "wow it has woodwinds". That movie had the biggest gross income of all times for a R rated movie.

Maybe enough for a (hopefully final) viral reminder note for directors "Look, woodwinds in your movie are not going to kill sales"

Btw this lib sounds interesting, keeping my eye on it

18. zimm83

zimm83 Senior Member

Jun 23, 2017
    France
    Legato demos please !!!!! Can't wait for the CELLOS !!! And the hybrids.....and the percs !!! and...everything !!!

audioimperia likes this.
  19. audioimperia

audioimperia Senior Member

Jul 8, 2015
    First percussion tech demo coming right up! Using the processed full mix mic it showcases both the DC and NDC patches. To explain:

- With distance compensated mics, there's much more punchy-ness on the attack of the samples (DC patches sound better with epic/trailer music).
    - With non-distance compensated mics, the stereo image is more natural ( NDC patches sound better with more traditional orchestral music).

All of the percussion patches will come with both versions. Both examples have zero processing.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  20. Pixelee

Pixelee Senior Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Percussion sounds so organic and punchy!