What's new

Izotope RX7 Standard or Advanced?

jtyh1g11

Hi there,

Hope we're all well!

Obviously there's a considerable price difference to consider, but which version of RX7 would you recommend using solely to clean up home recordings and for beginners sample library production?

Upright piano hammer clicks, occasional background noises (I don't have the quietest studio) etc.

Thanks for your help!

You can see the differences here: https://www.izotope.com/en/products/repair-and-edit/rx/features-and-comparison.html

Looking at that it seems the Advanced version won't be necessary for your needs.
Thanks! Yeah, I'd heard there were a lot more features, but also a 'multi-resolution' feature in some modules in the Advanced version which gives a higher quality repair. All the youtube before/after videos seem to be with the Advanced version so it's pretty tricky to gauge an accurate comparison. Thanks for your help :)

If you don't own any version of RX at all, I can help make the purchase a lot more affordable for you. PM if you're interested.

I use advanced but I was happy with std for a couple of years.
IMHO if you're just starting out, buy the standard version until you find a need for the extras included in advanced (it sounds like you won't need it for now).
And when you do, wait for a big sale.

I use advanced but I was happy with std for a couple of years.
IMHO if you're just starting out, buy the standard version until you find a need for the extras included in advanced (it sounds like you won't need it for now).
And when you do, wait for a big sale.
You've convinced me Ironbut, thanks for your help :)

Top Bottom