What's new

I've Bought My Last String Library

Sears Poncho

Just took a quick look at my libraries. I have about 500 gigs devoted to strings.....

.... that's just not gonna be enough. :) Now I need Studio Solo Strings Pro. 210 gigs of it, recorded in that same space. Get right on that. Thanks, Spitfire!

chocobitz825

there is never an end. The more you have, the more options you have. I had a musical song that was perfect when blended with spitfire chamber strings and Venice Modern Strings blended together. I had another track that soared with Berlin Strings. Sometimes smaller songs have done better with 8DIO intimate strings...the more strings you have, the more options you have...there is no end...no final library...just a black hole in your credit card, sucking away your money lol

kessel

wagakki-electro-otaku
No way if it's just mainly improvement of GUI like Genesis and the scoring brass with some new articulations .
But that's actually enough for LASS 3 to smash all the other string libraries :P

I actually like LASS 2 the most of all libraries I've used so far, but I hope LASS 3 is more than just a aesthetics update

Meetyhtan

Noise Maker
I see this becoming a meme!
Lots of pressure for @robgb but I'm sure he doesn't mind too much, which is fine.

Maybe I already but my last string library, but I'm still young and way too excited to see what modern sample technology will make possible in the upcoming future.

PaulieDC

1967 Bizzarini GT 5300 Strada
As a noob(ish) dude getting up to speed with all this, one thing is for sure: my current string libraries collectively are WAY better than my ability to program them, lol. So I should be saying the same thing, right? I don't need another string library... and I actually said I'm not even going to look at anything else right now... thanks Spitfire, all of us patch junkies really needed BBCSO dangling out there. :cautious:

But it's a hoot, the libraries I thought would be so awesome at the beginning aren't even on the list anymore ("wow, look at the gorgeous brown/gold interface on NI Symphony Strings! And it has this thing called Divisi or something like that... that HAS to be the best!" ~Yes, I said that). SO, forget "arriving", I haven't even caught the shuttle to the airport yet on producing good compositions, and I'm already out a few grand on libraries alone. What's gonna happen when I finally get to the point of creating decent stuff?? "Honey, would you mind if we took out a home equity loan, you know, just in case something should come up...".

Resistance is futile.

LHall

I really like the sound of these. From the walkthrough they sound like they could be very flexible. But the lack of portamento in the divisi sections is a huge void. For me, the variations in divisi portamentos really help create emotion and convincing runs.

jaketanner

I really like the sound of these. From the walkthrough they sound like they could be very flexible. But the lack of portamento in the divisi sections is a huge void. For me, the variations in divisi portamentos really help create emotion and convincing runs.
what library are you referring to?

jaketanner

the lack of portamento in the divisi sections is a huge void
I see...you mean SStS..I just checked. Yes it's only in the (8) section...but if you layer them with the 4s, the portamento should still be heard. I agree though, that it should have been for all sections...would have been much better, and I didn't even notice until you mentioned it. Damn ..LOL

Top Bottom