What's new

I've Bought My Last String Library

mojamusic

For me, it's not about recreating an authentic, verbatim orchestra. It's about producing an amazing sounding piece of music from the comfort of my own studio (even if the orchestrations aren't formally perfect, which mine definitely aren't). My satisfaction comes from knowing that the average listener doesn't even know it's a synthetic production. It's a great feeling when a director asks me if it's real or not. In my current arsenal, SF Studio Strings will make things even more convincing.
Average listeners aren't even aware of what's happening underneath films... they think it's the acting that makes them cry!
:dancer:

nas

Agreed. There's no reason for it to. Have I mentioned that I'm loving Studio Strings?
I think you may have mentioned that somewhere, but for the life of me I can't remember where exactly? More power to you... and may they bring you hours of inspiration and music creation.

nas

Fair enough, but when you look at how far things have come (especially in the last ten years), the sample libraries are nothing short of incredible IMO. I think we're all just so "numb" to it now that it's easy to take for granted. I could have only dreamed of today's string libraries years ago.
For me, it's not about recreating an authentic, verbatim orchestra. It's about producing an amazing sounding piece of music from the comfort of my own studio (even if the orchestrations aren't formally perfect, which mine definitely aren't). My satisfaction comes from knowing that the average listener doesn't even know it's a synthetic production. It's a great feeling when a director asks me if it's real or not. In my current arsenal, SF Studio Strings will make things even more convincing.
Here... here! I totally agree with you. Sure there is absolutely nothing like the real thing.. IMHO that's already a given... and it also need not be mutually exclusive, but man have things come a long way in the last 20 years and making music today is an absolute joy. It's nice to hear a positive voice among some of the exhausting negativity and cynicism.

Ashermusic

Ironically perhaps, the closer the libraries become, the more the inadequacies are reveled, because the expectation of how close they can come has increased dramatically.

As I have said (add nauseum, I know) the more you focus on trying to make it sound really good to your ears and the less you worry about authenticity, frequently the better result you get.

Top Bottom