What's new

It's FREE!!!

IMO, Next step should definitely be Cherry Audio Core. There are tons of basic building block modules in Core that are not in Nucleus. I probably use modules from Core in almost every patch.

To me, the PSP stuff is just OK -- I find that I rarely use it. Lots of it is effects, and plenty of us have tons of effect pugins (which can be used within Voltage Modular via Core's Plugin Host). Some of the PSP synthesis modules don't have enough control voltage inputs IMO. Plus, they're a bit big (they take up screen real estate).

The Benard bundles aren't cheap, but they're awesome especially if you like randomness, chaos, evolving control sources, advanced control structures, and/or if you are into stochastic/algorithmic composition. If you just want predictable patches (like, say, you would get with a MiniMoog or something), you won't need that, but if you'd like to have patches that evolve or are different every time you play them, the Benard Mega bundles will get you there. I have the first two, and would pick up the third one if I had the money ATM.

If you want awesome filters and oscillators with tons of character and a wide range of possible tone colors, I would recommend both of the Vult bundles.

So, get Core first. If you want to incorporate randomness and algorithmic stuff, get the first Benard Mega bundle (or bundles 1 and 2 if you have the money). If you want characterful sound sources and processors, get the Vult stuff.

P.S. - the Macauley stuff is good also, and the Benard Mini bundle is very handy. And the Cherry Audio Year One collection contains some good stuff also.

Great Reply and mist timely ! I had not noted the Bernard bundles and will do so now. Somewhat aware of Macauley and Vult and will consider with confidence now. Believe I have Core, but not obvious looking thru installed lists. Lots to review per your helpful comments !

Thanks and regards

Last edited:
All the free stuff actually made me not taking any of it anymore. I deleted majority of all those free plugins and whatnot. It was such an ever-growing pile of stuff I never really needed or wanted. I have 2 eqs, 4 compressors, 3 reverbs, and like I haven't even mastered any of those plugins...

Nothing against this product, maybe it's great, but for some reason I've just abandoned this "what the heck, it's free" mentality.

I like when nobody asked anyone about anything and some dude comes and feels offended for someone informing others about things.

"I have 2 eqs, 4 compressors, 3 reverbs and I'm not interested in free MODULAR SYNTH".

It's literally:"Why you are giving me free modular synth, I'm still mastering my eq, reverb and compressor, move that thing from me, I don't want it".

" It was such an ever-growing pile of stuff I never really needed or wanted."

Like someone was forcing you to download anything.

Blame yourself for being greedy and clicking on everything which was free, creating a junkyard and then complaining about it, like that was someone's else decision and not yours.

I like when nobody asked anyone about anything and some dude comes and feels offended for someone informing others about things.

"I have 2 eqs, 4 compressors, 3 reverbs and I'm not interested in free MODULAR SYNTH".

It's literally:"Why you are giving me free modular synth, I'm still mastering my eq, reverb and compressor, move that thing from me, I don't want it".

" It was such an ever-growing pile of stuff I never really needed or wanted."

Like someone was forcing you to download anything.

Blame yourself for being greedy and clicking on everything which was free, creating a junkyard and then complaining about it, like that was someone's else decision and not yours.
Didn't seem like the guy was being offended or complaining, just expressing a personal opinion. An opinion I'm beginning to empathize with though, so I may be biased. I have, however, downloaded this particular freebie...

Didn't seem like the guy was being offended or complaining, just expressing a personal opinion. An opinion I'm beginning to empathize with though, so I may be biased. I have, however, downloaded this particular freebie...

...... and several capable sources have provided initial 'freebies' to start the purchases moving for sizeable additional modules bundles. Really have not considered these typical standalone free products, as they seem quite useful _ imho

I admire those who went deep into Reaktor. Those are the ones who spend less time getting the latest and greatest synth. I have something as an RE in Reason that is similar to this.

I admire those who went deep into Reaktor. Those are the ones who spend less time getting the latest and greatest synth. I have something as an RE in Reason that is similar to this.
Oooo, Reason. What do you have that is similar to Reaktor?

I'm going to start a project of building all the creative FX and Synths I can't afford in Reason and Reaktor.

Top Bottom