1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IT-Every 27 years - What piano is this?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Valérie_D, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Valérie_D

Valérie_D Senior Member

Hello all,

This piano is probably recorded live but I was wondering if a sampled piano existed that reproduced this sort of intimate feel, at 34 seconds , thanks!:

novaburst likes this.
  2. prodigalson

prodigalson Senior Member

Nov 14, 2013
    check out the Imperfect Samples 'Walnut Grand Piano', It has character and isn't as pristine as other libraries. the pro version has a mic position where the mics are positioned very close to the soundboard. That with a bit of delay and reverb could get you this sound I'd imagine.
    Mike Fox likes this.
  3. Polkasound

Polkasound Senior Member

4. OP

Valérie_D Senior Member

Gosh, they both sound beautiful, thanks!
    Polkasound likes this.
  5. DynamicK

DynamicK Senior Member

Feb 6, 2009
    I'd be wary of Imperfect Samples....his support record isn't that good, unlike Gregg's.
    Valérie_D likes this.
  6. CGR

CGR Pianist/Composer/Arranger

Jan 14, 2016
    Hi Valérie - Rosewood Grand IMHO would work well for this type of track, and would be a good fit with the appropriate Reverb applied. Also, consider Fluffy Audio's Scoring Piano (a 6' 11" Hamburg Steinway B which was sampled in a beautiful high end studio in the Italian countryside). A choice of 3 mic positions, and they've really paid attention to the warm, softer velocities.
    Valérie_D likes this.
  7. synthpunk

synthpunk Yo Gabba Gabba

Mar 3, 2015
    Hell's Kitchen/Orlando
    Dear Valerie, one thing I've learned over the years are there some great sounding piano libraries that unfortunately play like shit, make sure you also research the playability of any libraries that catch your ear.

Malmsjo is one to look into although the tone may not be as rich as the one in your example.

Hope things are well up in Montreal we missed the Jazz Festival this summer and are Poutine unfortunately. :sad:
    sazema and Valérie_D like this.
  8. Phillip

Phillip Senior Member

Sep 26, 2016
    Piano in Blue
    Vin likes this.
  9. Mike Fox

Mike Fox Senior Member

Jul 8, 2016
    I agree. The Walnut Grand should be able to achieve something quite similar. IMHO, nothing beats Imperfect Samples for warmth and realism.

Btw, I've purchased all of the pianos from Imperfect Samples over the years and have never had any issues with customer support.
  10. WhiteNoiz

WhiteNoiz ';...;'

Jun 20, 2012