What's new

Issues with transferring metaframe across PCs

tarantulis

I'm currently trying to get a duplicate rig as my boss up and running but am having issues. He uses his PC as a Vienna slave. Our versions of Kontakt are slightly different (5.6.8 vs 5.7.2) and there are a few libraries on his template I don't own. But we were hoping at least the libraries I owned should load...

I transferred over the metaframe and while I'm able to locate the missing content successfully, I get a Loading-Instruments-Has-Failed-as-the-library-Kontakt-is-not-installed-on-this-computer error message near the beginning of the load, and while all patches show up and are receiving MIDI they don't fire and are permanently purged (even after selecting 'reload all samples'). At this point any patch I load in Kontakt doesn't fire.

Before loading his metaframe, or if I restart Vienna and open a blank instance, a patch loaded from the same library will fire without issue...would it make more sense to just build a reduced version of his template from scratch and map each patch's CCs individually?

I should also note our Vienna and Cubase preferences are the same.

Any help appreciated!

Top Bottom