What's new

IsK mics = incredible value

bill5

I think these people make great mics and at surprisingly modest prices. Their latest is their newest flagship dynamic, the ICDM. At only $60 you'd expect some "OK for the money" mic like the lower-end Shures etc. It's not. It can easily meet or beat mics several times its price IMO including (easily) the SM58. FWIW

Whether you pay $ 60 or $ 100 for a microphone, they are all cheap.
In general, all these cheap dynamic microphones have their typical sound. So the ICDM probably has its strengths and weaknesses, as well as the SM57. Therefore, it probably depends very much on the application. As you get more and more microphone for less and less money today, you can hardly do anything wrong at $ 60.
Beat

Whether you pay $ 60 or $ 100 for a microphone, they are all cheap.
In general, all these cheap dynamic microphones have their typical sound. So the ICDM probably has its strengths and weaknesses, as well as the SM57. Therefore, it probably depends very much on the application. As you get more and more microphone for less and less money today, you can hardly do anything wrong at $ 60.
Beat
Sorry, no. That's a broad brushstroke which simply isn't accurate. All mics at ANY price point don't all sound the same, to say the least.

Pardon, my bad. Then what does "all these cheap dynamic microphones have their typical sound" mean?

Pardon, my bad. Then what does "all these cheap dynamic microphones have their typical sound" mean?
If I may, Beat meant that they all have their particular own sound...
It's a friendly message, not here to argue :emoji_blush:

Last edited:
Well - that's not really what he said though - he said a "typical" sound, which doesn't sound like they each have their own sound (which could be said about mics at any price point), but rather saying most in that range sound the same. Oh well, good ol semantics ;)

Top Bottom