What's new

Is this the best Choir VST Library in the World? (Dominus Choir Pro Review)

peakeleven

Composer, Sound Designer, YouTuber, Educator
Is this the best Choir VST Library in the World?
1f642.png
:)
Check out my video demo + review: https://youtu.be/hN9tCiDlL-E

Dominus Choir Pro.jpg

Thank you sharing.
it has such a beautiful tone.

Hello Ole, fellow Scandinavian I take it from your name? =)
Yes, I agree the tone is very beautiful and emotional. Still not the best choir for action choirs imho, but for legatos and phrases I have never worked with a better one. The EW choir is so boring to work with their wordbuilder, this was way faster and more intuitive to me at least.

Sincerely,
Mike

I've just started using the new articulations, but I think I can say: DCP is not an epic choir. It is, however, something that was missing: a symphonic choir that can articulate syllables, and a lot of them.

I think Voxos and Stresov's choirs did something similar, and with a tone that might please more someone, but not with as much phonetic content.

The legato part continues to be quite unique, despite the similarities in tone with 8Dio's softer choirs.

Paolo

Hello Ole, fellow Scandinavian I take it from your name? =)
Yes, I agree the tone is very beautiful and emotional. Still not the best choir for action choirs imho, but for legatos and phrases I have never worked with a better one. The EW choir is so boring to work with their wordbuilder, this was way faster and more intuitive to me at least.

Sincerely,
Mike
Yes, Im Scandinavian- Danish.
I was thinking maybe you are Dutch...but that is not Scandinavian :) . Maybe from Sibelius Land?
I hope Fluffy audio will update the choir to SATB.
With its beautiful tone, it will be possible to record choral music.

Yes, Im Scandinavian- Danish.
I was thinking maybe you are Dutch...but that is not Scandinavian :) . Maybe from Sibelius Land?
I hope Fluffy audio will update the choir to SATB.
With its beautiful tone, it will be possible to record choral music.

Swedish actually, even though my mother is from Finland. :)

Ah, yes indeed that would be a great update if they made it full SATB. I felt that the range could have been a bit wider both on the bottom and top. And loading the voice types per patch would be amazing...I'm not sure any library has that currently?

Top Bottom