Is there life after Keymap Pro?

fretless58

I know this is very old news, but until recently I've managed to keep using Redmatica Keymap Pro on an old Mac with an old OS for my sample looping needs. I have finally come to the point that I had to put it to rest. I need to move on, but I really haven't seen anything comparable. I figured I would put the question to the forum. I've searched here and found the name Loop Auditioneer used a lot. Is this really the best way to go? I fear I've been spoiled by Keymap Pro. It was such a beautiful piece of software. What are you guys using? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
OP
fretless58

fretless58

The lack of any responses to my query speaks volumes, actually.

No software developers have stepped up to fill the void left by Keymap Pro. My belief is that when Apple bought Redmatica, and initially made empty promises to users about keeping it alive and making improvements, they realized what a small market there was for Keymap and killed it.

That was many years ago, I know. Old news.

Looping hundreds of samples was tedious enough with Keymap. If I am to continue to assume this chore of our VI development with some primitive app that requires they be done individually and with no intuitive algorithms working behind the scenes, well, I don't know what to think, quite honestly. I'm looking at probably three times the effort.

I've been messing around in Kontakt, since it is probably our only hope, and find it tedious. Again, I know I'm spoiled from having used Keymap.

Maybe there's a better spot on the forum to park this thread? This one seemed appropriate. Any response at all would be welcome.

OP
fretless58

fretless58

Thanks for the response.

That's true, but a very bare-bones version compared to the stand-alone version. Many useful, key elements were left out.

I just found Steinberg WaveLab Elements; looks promising. Fingers crossed :unsure:

Last edited:

Regentag

I can feel your pain. I've still got Keymap Pro on a partition with El Capitan. Haven't found anything like it. I think it's the last OS that supports Keymap Pro. I hate doing this kind of stuff in Kontakt. Maybe the new Samplers in Logic Pro 10.5. can fill the gap a little.