What's new

Is there a way to listen to an attached mp3 file without having to download it?

I was also wondering about this. I know it was possible before the overhaul of the website a few months back. The way it works right now is extremely annoying.

Yep, there is some code that needs a spanking there.
Oh, wicked, bad, naughty, evil Code! Oh, it is naughty code, and it must pay the penalty -- and here in Castle Anthrax, we have but one punishment for not playing uploaded music. You must tie it down on a bed and spank it!

Yep, there is some code that needs a spanking there. Let me fix that.

Sorry about the inconvenience! It should work in a few hours.

I must admit I chuckled a little :)
However, even though some people are reporting the issue is fixed, I'm still asked to download audio files unfortunately :(

Last edited:
Testing the code's repentance level.

So the simplest solution at the moment is to do this:

1- Click "Attach files."
2- Select the MP3 file from your computer (max size under 20MB I think).
3- Click "Post reply."
4- When people see the file icon in your post, they can click on it and it will open the player in a new window.

The developer created this addon out of my contacting him (he developed many of the addons that make our lives so much better on VIC). So of course he is now getting requests to make this even better. Like adding other file formats. Maybe he or someone will find how to have the player actually show in the same window.

However, to avoid all this, you could upload your files to SoundCloud or a service like this and use Insert Media to copy/paste the link to your file into it. That should show their own player.

Hope this helps (for now.)! :)

1- Click "Attach files."
3- Click "Post reply."
4- When people see the file icon in your post, they can click on it and it will open the player in a new window.

The developer created this addon out of my contacting him (he developed many of the addons that make our lives so much better on VIC). So of course he is now getting requests to make this even better. Like adding other file formats. Maybe he or someone will find how to have the player actually show in the same window.

However, to avoid all this, you could upload your files to SoundCloud or a service like this and use Insert Media to copy/paste the link to your file into it. That should show their own player.

This doesn't happen for me. Instead of opening a new window, it downloads the MP3.

1- Click "Attach files."
3- Click "Post reply."

Thank you so much! It's working for me too now :)
One suggestion from me would be to make it so that you can skip through the file. Right now you can move the playhead but once you let it go it resets to where it was.

Top Bottom