What's new

Is there a MALE voice library similar to Voice of Passion (Wales singer)?

Rob Elliott

EW really captured some magic when they recorded this specific voice in that library. I have a project that would benefit from that..BUT..I also need it's male counter part. My usually vocalist is on tour for the season (that I know can pull it off) - so before I search for a substitute live singer I wanted to check first of what sample libraries were out there similar in style to VOP - Wales voice. Only need oo's and ah's (for sure sung words would be too much.). Softer, somewhat expressive would be ideal.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Wow, as someone who isn't a huge fan of EW, I very much love the Wales patch in VOP. Please let us hear what you make with her. I'm looking forward to it.

As for a male counterpart......can't help you.

Edit: Just looking through my Soundiron Voices of Rapture tenor legato patch. There is a specific ah patch with 'p' dynamics which actually would go with the Wales patch nicely. Also the same tenor has a 'oo' legato patch that is naturally quieter. Worth looking at. Since I also have VOP, I tried matching them together and they aren't bad.

Last edited:
Wow, as someone who isn't a huge fan of EW, I very much love the Wales patch in VOP. Please let us hear what you make with her. I'm looking forward to it.

As for a male counterpart......can't help you.

Edit: Just looking through my Soundiron Voices of Rapture tenor legato patch. There is a specific ah patch with 'p' dynamics which actually would go with the Wales patch nicely. Also the same tenor has a 'oo' legato patch that is naturally quieter. Worth looking at. Since I also have VOP, I tried matching them together and they aren't bad.

Ok - I think I may have bought that one but didn't use it much - I'll look at those p patches. Thanks.

Yea - I think the tenor on Voice of Rapture is just too 'classical' sounding for this more contemporary vibe I'll need. :( Other ideas?

Other ideas?

formant shifting?

did some vo mixing and they needed two males coming from the same guy, it worked well enough

but for music, yeah, I think you'd want to be more realistic/less destructive than dialog mixing so maybe it won't sound good enough (but I'd still try)

Yeah....some find VOR a bit on the classical side....probably why i like it.
Although i find the Wales patch from VOP to be quite neutral...so i dont think it clashes with the tenor from VOR, but if you dont want a classical piece overall....then youre probably out of luck.

Maybe Zero-g has something. Theyve got some different vocals that might be more contempory.

formant shifting?

did some vo mixing and they needed two males coming from the same guy, it worked well enough

but for music, yeah, I think you'd want to be more realistic/less destructive than dialog mixing so maybe it won't sound good enough (but I'd still try)

That is an interesting idea for VOP - Wales. So in Cubase transpose audio bounce (in their tuner) the audio down an octave and formant shift to taste?

For a double octave part with the standard wales voice up high - this just might work. ;)

I stopped listening about 8-9 min in but there was no vocal by itself that shows the 'quality' of it. I guess I could demo it to try.

Ahhhhh - duh. :) I tried to take some audio within Cubase and vari audio 3 / formanting pretty much sounds like el crapo. I wish there was a 'demo' showing gender changing (more examples - female to male and vice versa.) This just might be a black Friday sale as well.

Top Bottom